On Illustrations To Accompany Flash Fiction?

charlesartist

Registered
Reaction score
I am a writer and illustrator. In the best possible scenario I would love to submit my illustrations to accompany my written work. In reference to the selling of flash fiction, is there a demand for this at all or would this be unusual? Would I be shooting myself in the foot as an author if I try and sell my flash fiction and illustration together?

Also, can anyone share their experience about flash fiction on Amazon Kindle and how it was received? I'm assuming you would probably want to submit it as an anthology there.

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
Most of the time it's not a good idea to submit illustrations along with written work.
If there are illustrations in the publication, the editor usually has an in-house artist who does them.
You could try mentioning in a cover letter that there is an illustration available, but I don't think you'll have much luck.
I believe there are some markets out there that do accept submissions of writing and art at the same time, but they tend to be small, interstitial-style journals (not sure what kind of flash fiction you write) and I can't think of any off the top of my head, sorry.
Good luck :)