Hello From Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkerbeat

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I've been a member of this forum for a while and have enjoyed the insights and feedback it offers. I just noticed a thread for international member, so thanks for providing that!

I'm an American but I've been living in Taiwan for almost 8 years now. I teach English at one of the top universities in Taiwan, NTUST. I just received my MBA from NTU in Taipei, which is now ranked as one of the top 100 universities in the world! (Go Taiwan!)

I run a small publishing company called Pebblefoot Press and I focus on textbooks and storybooks for learning purposes. But I also write my own fiction and non-fiction. I have a platform for writers called Pebblefoot Park and you could search for that and join if interested. We are also looking for agents/publishers to join and make connections there.

Anyone with questions about publishing in Asia, just ask and I'll do my best to help. Currently I'm looking for a good (and cheap) translator to help me with a book about a bicycle trip I took across Alaska. It's a 'how to' book and would be interesting to anyone thinking of doing something like that. I'd like to get this book into Chinese so I can put it on the selves here in Taiwan. Independent bookstore owners here are open to letting you stick copies in their stores, which is really cool.

kk.erri

Registered
Reaction score
That's really cool Pebblefoot! Does your publishing company publish in Chinese or English, or both?

Hope things work out for you :)

Abderian

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Pebblefoot

I'm a British freelance writer living in Taipei. I've only been here about 16 months but loving it so far.

Sorry I can't help you with a translator but just wanted to say hi.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone with questions about publishing in Asia, just ask and I'll do my best to help. Currently I'm looking for a good (and cheap) translator.

I can put you in touch with a translation house based in Taiwan. But none are writers. And they're experts at commercial / company translations. However, if yoh think they would be worth talking to, PM me.

Trapjaw

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Pebblefoot, I'm also currently based in Taiwan, although I live in Kaohsiung. I may be able to hook you up with a private translator who can offer you a better rate than a commercial translating house. PM me for more info.

colombia1812

Registered
Reaction score
Trapjaw you still in Kaoshiung? I lived there for a few years recently and have publishing interesting in Taiwan...

Michelle D.

Registered
Reaction score
hello taiwan! i've always wanted to visit and eat their street food but haven't had a chance. 8 years! wow. you must speak mandarin fluently then?

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Hello Pebblefoot, and welcome to AW. Your venture sounds interesting. I hope you locate a Chinese interpreter for the project. Don't suppose you have any connections in Hong Kong, do you? I've been trying to find a book published by JADE ORIENT: "Hang Me In Hong Kong" by Earl Norman. A hardback in English. It was only released in Hong Kong, and didn't have distribution in the US. I love reading stories set in the Far East, and that one has eluded me. Hello to all. Michelle D., your WIP sounds like fun also. Good luck to you and all. Visit my Blog sometimes.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Pebblefoot, and welcome to AW. Your venture sounds interesting. I hope you locate a Chinese interpreter for the project. Don't suppose you have any connections in Hong Kong, do you? I've been trying to find a book published by JADE ORIENT: "Hang Me In Hong Kong" by Earl Norman. A hardback in English. It was only released in Hong Kong, and didn't have distribution in the US. I love reading stories set in the Far East, and that one has eluded me. Hello to all. Michelle D., your WIP sounds like fun also. Good luck to you and all. Visit my Blog sometimes.
I don't know how it is in Hong Kong, but it's hard to find books in Taiwan that aren't the most current.

Status
Not open for further replies.