Kensington Brava

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
They actually don't have anyposted. Apparently, if you can figure out what to send, where, you're ahead of the game.

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
Okay

I have an agent and a book on submission at Kensington now (i't been lingering there for almost six months), so I would submit anything to them via my agent. It just seems to me they sell more Brava than anything else these days. Maybe I just need to read a few more of those titles and figure out the guidelines that way.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Sak, have you asked your agent about the different Kensington lines? Perhaps he has a beat on which editor is acquiring what sort of book?

I can say that the main Kensington line (not Brava) recently acquired a batch of paranormal romance (mine included). I *think* Brava is more contemporary/chick lit/romantic comedy, but I'm not sure.

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
Brava

The few Brava titles I've read all involved lots and lots of _very_ explicit, erotic sex scenes----along the lines of Harlequin Blaze. My book on submission there is chick lit, and Kensington's line for chick lit is Strapless. I've always had the idea that Brava is more on the erotic side, but now that they have Aphrodesia maybe they're making a change on that, I don't know.

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
I've read interviews and Q&As with the editors, and they basically said that they accept all sensual/erotic romance, including novellas. Send a partial their way--one of them doesn't even want a synopsis--and wait. All the editors, according to what I read, accept unagented submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.