New Year's Eve Plans

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Christmas is over and New Year's Eve looms. New Year's Eve is my favorite holiday: no stress, no pressure to be out or stay home, go to bed at the same time as always or partay til dawn. What do you have planned?

Me: Sit in front of a roaring fire in the saloon's fireplace, eat too many snacks, drink single malt Scotch, and read til midnight!

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Most likely staying at home. I never go out for New Year's Eve anymore. Something interesting, though. A nearby town (Port Clinton, OH) from where I live does this walleye drop on New Year's Eve, it's become a tradition to drop a 20 ft long fiberglass walleye on the final countdown to the new year, like the ball in New York City. Apparently, Letterman may be broadcasting the drop on his show this year. I may have to tune in to see if it's true. Too dang cold for me to stand around at midnight to watch a giant fake fish drop.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I work until 9:30 that night (volunteered for it) and then I'll probably just go to bed afterward. I haven't seen the new year come in for at least a decade.

I believe in "start as you mean to continue", so I want to continue to be well rested all year. For the most part, it seems to work. ;)

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not working for the first time in 7 years, and been invited to a party walking distance from me. Whoopeee!

Will not be kissing anyone at midnight, though - far too many germs around this season.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
We usually eat something decadent and go to bed early. :Shrug: I just can't stay up any more.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be in Church.

I like to start the New Year off on a spiritual note. ;)

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Party for two: the requisite bubbly and homemade chocolate truffles. Just need to find a way for two old farts to stay awake . . . at least 'til the walleye drops.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be treating it like an ordinary day. Solving crimes, playing Blackjack with a Bond villain, inventing a replacement for butter... The usual. ;)

Actually, I'll probably be editing most of the day December 31st, then reading at night. Not sure if I'll stay up... I wouldn't, but I'm pretty sure there'll be fireworks near here. While fireworks don't do anything for me, they scare the crap out of the cat and dog, so I'll have to calm them down.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Chinese takeout and watching whatever insane stunt the Red Bull people sponsor this year.

Full disclosure: Mr. Lily and I will probably fall asleep on the couch and kiddo will wake us up in time to see the stunt. He's still into seeing midnight happen. :)

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Going to hang out with some ex-neighbors. Four different couples, and we all have kids under five. We'll never make it until midnight. The kids will run like maniacs, and suck the energy from all of us, but it should be a pretty good time. Lots of snacks and cocktails :)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another round of cardiac rehab. Going to the credit union. Calling the new hospital near work where I'll be doing the next round after that. Calling my supervisor to let him know of the sudden schedule change. Checking voice mail at work to see if a new job's come through or not. Downloading pr0n. You know. The usual.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Going to hang out with some ex-neighbors. Four different couples, and we all have kids under five. We'll never make it until midnight. The kids will run like maniacs, and suck the energy from all of us, but it should be a pretty good time. Lots of snacks and cocktails :)

That sounds like what we did last year. Kids were nuts until the slept around 10, then the adults enjoyed lobster and chocolate fondue and wine and ice wine, and baileys.

Not planning on any big excitement with our newborn around. I'll be up at midnight, but with a different kind if bottle in hand.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be sitting on my patio watching the fireworks. :D

It's around 86F/30C here. :Sun:

Don't hate me. :D

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Watching the Hogmany stuff on the TV, counting down the clock with the TV then running outside to see the fireworks for myself.

Oh and stuffing my face - more than usual! ;-D

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Probably nothing special. I'm up til midnight most nights anyway. FoodTV has a marathon of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. History has a marathon of Pawn Stars.

When my brother was 11 he wanted to see the new year in. And he wanted us to have pink champagne and caviar. Mother bought both and had them on standby. Around 10 he decided he needed to sleep, but wake him up just before midnight. So she tried. He didn't want to get up. The next morning he was really mad. Didn't remember we had tried to wake him.

He and I both have the ability to carry on a perfectly lucid conversation, go back to sleep, and not remember any of it.

MM

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
O-kay. We might order a big pizza and pig out a bit. Then we'll watch the ball drop.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to do what I usually do every other night of the year: get loaded, drunk-post on AW and give members a hard time.

It's what I live for, and New Year's Eve ain't no different.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to do what I usually do every other night of the year: get loaded, drunk-post on AW and give members a hard time.

It's what I live for, and New Year's Eve ain't no different.

But are you gonna watch the ball drop?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Had to spend £800 at the vet over the weekend so tonight will be much like all of 2013.

Silent save for the sound of me weeping.