PDA

View Full Version : Beta needed for MG Historical Fiction fantasy

Jack_Roberts
12-29-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi there. Long time no post. I just finished the principle edits for the second book in the Night Children series. This is a Middle Grade (11-14) fantasy/ Historical Fiction book. Like the first one, it involves two vampire children and their adventures throughout history. I try to write these in such a way that they are standalone novels. You should be able to read it without having read the first one. Baring that in mind there might be things Iím assuming the reader knows that I should clarify again.
Iím epublishing this series so I really need a good set of eyes to beta read it. I would prefer beta readers who read middle grade kid adventure stories like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson.
Any takers?

sailorbloom
01-07-2013, 01:16 AM
I would be interested in reading your work! I have read a lot of 11-14 fiction and find your idea compelling. I am heavy handed with both criticism and praise when I beta-read :)

wazzujim
01-09-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm interested in doing a beta read. Haven't done it before, but I am very much interested in your line of writing. I myself am writing YA fiction, and love Harry Potter and others that my 13 year old likes.

Jack_Roberts
06-19-2014, 06:37 PM
Hello! I’m checking in again. 2013 turned out to be a difficult year. Due to events in my 8-5 job, I couldn’t get as much writing done. Later in the year I did return to this novel and with the help of critique group members and beta readers, it’s in better shape.

Now, once again, it’s ready for beta readers. I’m confident it will only need one more pass. I’d like to epublish it this year so I could really use a couple more readers to make sure the story structure is tight.

It’s upper MG (aimed at 11-14 year olds).

It’s called NIGHT CHILDREN: DARK CHANGES. It involves sibling vampire children and the terrible event that tore their family apart. Roland goes off with vampire pirates and finds himself in a world he’s not ready for. Can he stay true to his convictions? Annabelle goes to London in search of her brother and discovers three separate covens of vampires. Can she find her brother while at the same time helping a set of vampire orphans before the Hunters find them?

It features the Hunchback of Notre Dame and cameos from several famous pirates like Black Beard and Calico Jack.

So, anyone interested?