PDA

View Full Version : A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 52!

Sophia
12-26-2012, 03:38 AM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction is a new challenge that will be held in AW's Flash Fiction forum.

It will run every week during 2013. Week 1 of the challenge will begin on Saturday 5th January.

To meet the challenge in any particular week, participants must:

1) Write a flash fiction story.
2) Polish that story.
3) Submit that story to a market.

Each of these steps must be completed within that week to count.

The aim of this challenge is to help you to develop a regular routine of writing, editing and submitting flash fiction stories.

Resources:

I will post a story prompt every Saturday, at the start of each new week of the challenge. It is not compulsory to use this prompt; it is simply offered in case you would like something to help kick-start your ideas. You are also free to use, at any time, any of the prompts posted for the Flash Fortnight challenge, all of which are listed in the links given at the bottom of this post. (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213125)

The Polished and Ready room (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151) (password: flashed). Once you have edited your story as best you can, you may post your story here for feedback before you send it out.

You might like to mention that it is a story written for this challenge (for example, you could put "YOWFF 1: [Story title]" as the thread title), so that critiquers are aware that there is a time constraint on feedback. If you do post in Polished and Ready, please consider providing feedback on the stories of your fellow members and challenge participants.

The Submitting and Selling Flash Fiction (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213124) room. Look over the flash fiction markets listed and discussed here to help you decide which ones you would like to submit your story to.

The Flash Fictioners' Corner Booth (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237866). Discuss your writing, commiserate with each other regarding rejections, and celebrate story acceptances. This thread is yours to use as you like!

Signature pips:

As you progress in this challenge, you might like to mark your achievements in your AW forum signature. When you reach each milestone, feel free to use the appropriate image from this super special selection:

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF10-Copy_zpsbf6567c8.jpg http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF20-Copy_zpsc2979595.jpg

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF30-Copy_zps75e9ecf2.jpg http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF40-Copy_zps9aed9655.jpg

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF50-Copy_zps65167a34.jpg http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF52-Copy_zpsc9fe8115.jpg

Best of luck!

bearilou
12-26-2012, 06:56 AM
:yessmiley :hooray:

Eternally Lost Zeppo
12-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I need to try and get back in the habit of writing stuff, so I might give this a go. Only thing is, I'm not sure I'm confident enough to try getting published yet. ^^;

Spell-it-out
01-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Hi all,

I am new to the flash fiction section of Absolute Write, but I am here to give it all a go.
See you soon!

Sophia
01-05-2013, 02:10 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 1!

On your marks, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 1 prompt is: Changeling.

You have until the end of Friday 11th January to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

jvc
01-06-2013, 12:03 AM
This is a great idea and Sophia is brilliant for doing it. She is so brilliant, that I may even try for a few myself.

Changeling. There has to be an idea rumbling around my head for this prompt. Perhaps not with Odo from Deep Space Nine, though.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
01-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Just a quick question, what counts as the end of Friday 11th/etc for the purposes of this challenge? Is it midnight in EST/GMT/etc, or just for whatever time zone we're in personally?

jvc
01-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Just a quick question, what counts as the end of Friday 11th/etc for the purposes of this challenge? Is it midnight in EST/GMT/etc, or just for whatever time zone we're in personally?
Sophia can confirm this later, but for now I'd say in whatever time zone you are in will be fine.

Or GMT, as that's the one I'm in. :D

Sophia
01-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Whatever time zone we're in personally, I'd say. However, if we're talking about serious cases of procrastination that require the firm whip of discipline and deadlines, then GMT IT IS, SLACKERS.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
01-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Whatever time zone we're in personally, I'd say. However, if we're talking about serious cases of procrastination that require the firm whip of discipline and deadlines, then GMT IT IS, SLACKERS.

Alright then, thanks for the clarification. :)

jvc
01-06-2013, 12:41 AM
:yessmiley I win! Do I get a special thingy to have in my sig for it? :D

Old Hack
01-06-2013, 12:35 PM
This is a really good idea.

Sophia
01-10-2013, 05:11 AM
Just over two days left! Which is plenty of time! Those members who have leapt to face this challenge - how are you doing?

We have one entry already up for critique in Polished and Ready (password: flashed). Spell-it-out's story is here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261836), if you have a few minutes to read and comment before he sends it out of the door!

Yasaibatake
01-11-2013, 04:03 AM
So I just saw this, but I really want to join! I totally have enough time to pull this off by midnight tomorrow...right? I was going to grade tonight (if you don't know me, I'm a middle school teacher) but maybe my kiddos can wait until Monday to get their quizzes back...

Spell-it-out
01-11-2013, 05:19 AM
So I just saw this, but I really want to join! I totally have enough time to pull this off by midnight tomorrow...right? I was going to grade tonight (if you don't know me, I'm a middle school teacher) but maybe my kiddos can wait until Monday to get their quizzes back...

.....let em wait :D

Spell-it-out
01-12-2013, 03:28 AM
Submitted "Cycle" to Flash Fiction Online, week 1 completed!
Week one, check.

Sophia
01-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Submitted "Cycle" to Flash Fiction Online, week 1 completed!
Week one, check.

:hooray: , :Clap: and not forgetting, :banana: !

Well done, Spell-it-out! I'm really pleased for you. :)

Yasaibatake, you definitely have enough time, you mad, desperate writer, you! Write! Write like the hounds are snapping at your hair, which is on fire!

Yasaibatake
01-12-2013, 09:06 AM
It is now exactly 11pm and "The Knock" has officially been submitted! Woohoo! I cheated a bit and re-used an old story idea that never went anywhere before, but this is definitely the best version I've written, so I still have hope :D

Sophia
01-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Woo hoo, Yasaibatake! :Clap: Fantastic work! :partyguy:

Just in time for...

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 2!

Rev your engines, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 2 prompt is: Beacon.

You have until the end of Friday 18th January to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Spell-it-out
01-14-2013, 01:23 AM
*Cracks Knuckles*

Here we go...

Eternally Lost Zeppo
01-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Hrrm...actually having more luck with coming up with an idea for Chuck Wendig's flash fic challenge than for this week's prompt.

Setting is 'Teen Noir', conflict is 'The character is being hunted' and it must include 'a vengeful god'. XD

Yasaibatake
01-14-2013, 09:27 PM
I initially read this week's prompt as "bacon" :D

To my great surprise, I actually have two stories going this week! I had a good rough draft going over the weekend, and then last night's Flash Fiction Challenge produced a second story I like just as much. Maybe I'll get them both out this week...

sunjunkie
01-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Gah! I'm late to the party but I brought this fine Cruzan rum. Can anyone play? Or only those who know the secret handshake?

:Sun:

Sophia
01-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi, sunjunkie! :welcome: I commend you on your excellent sense of timing, for you are right on time for...

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 3!

Gather your milk pails, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 3 prompt is: Pasture.

You have until the end of Friday 25th January to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Yasaibatake
01-21-2013, 05:27 AM
So...I hate to be that person, but how strict are we being about the "flash" part of this challenge? I think of flash fiction as being under 1,000 words, and my rough draft for this week ended up running almost 1200 words (1154 to be precise). While there's a good bit of editing to do, I'll be adding at the same time as cutting...I'm hoping to write two stories again this week, but we'll see what actually happens :)

sunjunkie
01-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Sweet! Now where'd all those ideas run off to?

Sophia
01-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Yasaibatake,

As far as your story goes, the word length is completely up to you. The only limitation you have is the word count accepted by the market(s) you're submitting the story to.

For critiquing, Polished and Ready does have a firm limit of 1000 words or fewer for uploaded stories. However, you do have the option of using any of the Share Your Work (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26) forums (password: vista) for feedback, so if your word count is over the limit for P&R, don't worry. (Note: SYW requires members to have at least 50 posts before they can start a new thread there.)

You're going for two stories this week? Go, you! :e2cheer:

Sophia
01-26-2013, 03:16 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 4!

Strike the pose, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 4 prompt is: Camera.

You have until the end of Friday 1st February to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Spell-it-out
01-26-2013, 11:46 PM

Strike the pose, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 4 prompt is: Camera.

You have until the end of Friday 1st February to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Three for three so far! I promise I'll stick to the prompt this week :)

Sophia
01-27-2013, 04:04 PM
Great work, Spell-it-out! :Clap: And thank you to both you and Yasaibatake for the critiques you've been doing in Polished and Ready. :)

jvc
01-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Great work, Spell-it-out! :Clap: And thank you to both you and Yasaibatake for the critiques you've been doing in Polished and Ready. :)
I totally second what Sophia just said. Great job.

sunjunkie
01-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Congrats, Spell-it-out!

Okay so I totally failed at my first attempt, but only bc an agent requested a partial on my YA novel and my synopsis was so horrible I had to completely rewrite it before submitting.

At least I got my week 3 flash written and partly polished.

Look out, week 4! Here I come!

Spell-it-out
01-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Congrats, Spell-it-out!

Okay so I totally failed at my first attempt, but only bc an agent requested a partial on my YA novel and my synopsis was so horrible I had to completely rewrite it before submitting.

That's a good enough reason to skip one! Hope it goes well for you Sun.

Spell-it-out
01-28-2013, 01:59 PM
I totally second what Sophia just said. Great job.

Thank's Sophia and JVC!

jvc
01-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Congrats, Spell-it-out!

At least I got my week 3 flash written and partly polished.

Look out, week 4! Here I come!
Hey, congratulations on you agent request, that's great news.

Sophia
02-02-2013, 03:34 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 5!

Hardhats on, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 5 prompt is: Demolition.

You have until the end of Friday 8th February to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Yasaibatake
02-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Just got a super awesome personal rejection for my week 1 piece! I'm still excited because a) I've never gotten a personal rejection before, so that feels like a minor accomplishment, and b) I honestly don't think it's a particularly great piece, but they had some nice things to say anyway. I was all set to turn it back around when my laptop died and is refusing to turn back on...ARGH! It's done this before and I'm afraid it may be totally gone this time...appointment set for tomorrow to see if it can be saved. At least I have an ipad to type on tonight...

Sophia
02-03-2013, 03:54 PM
It definitely is a minor accomplishment; an important step along the writing career road. Good for you for intending to get it back out there!

Laptop woes, boo! If you don't already, you might want to consider something like Dropbox for storing a current backup of your writing. You can use it to access your work from any machine. Take a look at some of the (many!) threads on backups for some more suggestions: this (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249018) is one recent one.

Yasaibatake
02-04-2013, 05:36 AM
They saved my laptop! Yay!

Thanks for the reminder Sophia - I've used Dropbox in the past, but forgot to fix the auto synch when it failed a distressingly long time ago (like, two years ago...) so everything was really out of date. It's now re-installed and all my files updated :)

LeadHead
02-05-2013, 01:54 AM
Hi! I might give this a go if that's OK. It might be a good way to ease me into writing regularly.

Just a quick question. Is there a 50 post limit like on the SYW boards?

Sophia
02-05-2013, 04:41 AM
Hi LeadHead! :welcome: It's definitely okay. :) Anyone can jump in at any time!

There's no 50-post limit in Polished and Ready, but be aware that there is an upper word-count limit of 1000 words.

sunjunkie
02-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Hey, congratulations on you agent request, that's great news.

Thanks, jvc! That whole process makes me so bonkers it's a wonder I can still function at all :crazy: And did I mention... BANANA!

OMG I've been MIA! Guess I was too optimistic thinking I could keep up with novel queries and this. I did make some progress on the piece I started for week 4. And even if I win only a few weeks out of the year, that's beats giving up.

Welcome, LeadHead!

And congrats, Y!

Sophia
02-09-2013, 02:49 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 6!

Pencils in hand, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 6 prompt is: Life drawing.

You have until the end of Friday 15th February to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

LeadHead
02-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Did my first one last week so I'll try and keep it up. This looks like an interesting prompt as well!

pernickety
02-10-2013, 02:09 AM
I've just wandered in here 6 weeks too late but am hoping to give it a go anyway. Hope to be back soon!

IrishRover
02-10-2013, 02:28 AM
Hey fellow flash fictioneers, I'm new here but think I'll give this a go. Haven't written flash fiction before, but hopefully it'll give me a bit of a kick start to write a bit more.

Spell-it-out
02-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Great to get some more company, welcome!

sunjunkie
02-13-2013, 06:25 AM
WTG, Lead!

Good to see more people joining in :welcome:

I'm being consistent with my pattern of getting part or all of a flash written each week, but that's about it. You won't see me for the next 10 days or so. I'm off to sunny Las Vegas to get out of the midwest winter for a while. LV is GREAT for people watching! And that's great for story ideas. Now if I can just read my drunken scribbles...

Keep up the good work, flashers!

:Sun:

Sophia
02-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Enjoy your holiday, sunjunkie!

It's been great seeing you all helping each other out in Polished and Ready. New participants, don't worry if you're taking tentative steps at first. This is all about developing a new writing routine and doing it in the company of friends. Relax, push yourself a little each day, and you'll soon get settled. You can do this!

Spell-it-out
02-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Just submitted my 6th flash fiction in as many weeks, had to do it a day early as I'm off for two nights to 'celebrate' (?) Valentines! :D

Sophia
02-16-2013, 02:23 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 7!

Invite the vicar, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 7 prompt is: Tea set.

You have until the end of Friday 22nd February to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

pernickety
02-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks Sophia! Will try for my second, happy that I managed to submit last week's one.

LeadHead
02-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Two weeks in a row so far. Now to try for three!

Yasaibatake
02-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Hey all! I promise I did not get kidnapped or anything...my personal life just got in the way of being able to spend too much time on here :) I did get a story out though, and I'm looking forward to being back this week!

Sophia
02-23-2013, 03:30 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 8!

What can I get you, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 8 prompt is: Last orders.

You have until the end of Friday 1st March to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

pernickety
02-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks Sophia,
As if the writing itself wasn't enough to drive us to drink?:D

LeadHead
02-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Completely failed last week, not even a single word, but I'll try again this week.

Sophia
03-02-2013, 03:02 PM
It's around this point that the initial enthusiasm for a long challenge starts to wane. If this is happening to you, try to remember that you are working against the inertia of not writing regularly, and that's a lot to go up against. The momentum you're gaining will build up in small increments, but it will keep building, and in time, the habit of writing every week will become something that is easier to maintain than not. Keep taking those steps and visualise your writing engine becoming more powerful with each one.

All of the participants are doing a fantastic job.

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 9!

What floor would you like, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 9 prompt is: Elevator (or lift) operator.

You have until the end of Friday 8th March to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

LeadHead
03-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Sophia. Managed to get back into writing last week which leaves me at 3 for 4. Bring on another week!

Spell-it-out
03-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Bit late on this weeks challenge, but I intend on getting it posted on thursday. Still 100% record, unfortunetly, none have been accepted yet.

Still, 8 for 8.

Great work everyone.

Sophia
03-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Thank you very much to you all for giving such excellent feedback in Polished and Ready. :e2flowers

The challenge reaches its first milestone this week - the first chance to obtain one of the signature icons. Try not to worry if you haven't satisfied the three challenge criteria every week so far: you have the whole year to get this writing routine as a normal part of your life. Importantly, don't let a lack of sales deter you. The writing is the part you have 100% control over, so focus your attention where it will do the most good. The sales will come with perseverance and the improvement that that can't help but lead to. Do a bit each week to push yourself forward that little bit more, and look back on a job well done.

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 10!

Catch some rays, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 10 prompt is: Sun worshiper.

You have until the end of Friday 15th March to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
03-16-2013, 02:06 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 11!

Grab your cricket bats, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 11 prompt is: The neighbourhood zombie.

You have until the end of Friday 22nd March to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
03-23-2013, 03:50 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 12!

Learn your lines, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 12 prompt is: Stage fright.

You have until the end of Friday 29th March to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
03-30-2013, 03:47 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 13!

Catch a glimpse, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 13 prompt is: Hallway mirror.

You have until the end of Friday 5th April to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
04-06-2013, 01:01 PM
How are you all doing? I hope that you're writing something each week, and if not, that you're not getting dejected because of it. If you've had some time off, consider this week a chance to start again! And remember that you can use the Corner Booth to talk to your fellow members about anything that's troubling you.

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 14!

Heed the warning, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 14 prompt is: The barking dog.

You have until the end of Friday 12th April to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
04-13-2013, 01:35 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 15!

Seal the deal, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 15 prompt is: Bargain.

You have until the end of Friday 19th April to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
04-20-2013, 01:06 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 16!

Look up, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 16 prompt is: Star-gazing.

You have until the end of Friday 26th April to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Candienziia
04-21-2013, 02:44 AM
I'm late to the show, but I plan to join starting this week.

Can't wait.

Sophia
04-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Welcome, Candienziia! :hi:

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 17!

Muster your will power, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 17 prompt is: Giving up smoking.

You have until the end of Friday 3rd May to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
05-04-2013, 01:18 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 18!

Take a seat, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 18 prompt is: A meeting with the boss.

You have until the end of Friday 10th May to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
05-11-2013, 03:11 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 19!

Check the sofa cushions, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 19 prompt is: Lost.

You have until the end of Friday 17th May to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
05-18-2013, 01:39 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 20!

Follow the trail, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 20 prompt is: Footprints.

You have until the end of Friday 24th May to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
05-25-2013, 01:11 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 21!

Explore the senses, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 21 prompt is: Blind.

You have until the end of Friday 31st May to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
06-01-2013, 11:51 AM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 22!

Watch those light fingers, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 22 prompt is: Stealing from the till.

You have until the end of Friday 7th June to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
06-08-2013, 12:33 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 23!

Get that elusive item, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 23 prompt is: Collector.

You have until the end of Friday 14th June to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Reverend Ben
06-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi Ya'll.
I just found this today, so I'm gonna just do some stretches, and get ready for the prompt tomorrow.

Sophia
06-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi, Reverend Ben! It's great to see a new member here. :welcome:

jvc
06-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Hi Ben, welcome to the Flash Fiction forum. :hi:

Sophia
06-15-2013, 02:47 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 24!

Something following you, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 24 prompt is: Shadow.

You have until the end of Friday 21st June to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
06-22-2013, 01:35 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 25!

Make a good first impression, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 25 prompt is: Job interview.

You have until the end of Friday 28th June to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

aliwood
06-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Ooo, I didn't know this was here. I wanna play, I wanna play. :snoopy:

Sophia
06-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Jump right in, aliwood! :D :welcome:

jvc
06-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the Flash Fiction forum, Aliwood. :hi:

aliwood
06-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Jump right in, aliwood! :D :welcome:

Welcome to the Flash Fiction forum, Aliwood. :hi:

Thank you, and thank you. I have an idea for this week's thing, but I need more knowledge.

*Begins frantic research*

Sophia
06-29-2013, 12:13 PM
We're half way through the year! How is everyone doing? How do your writing habits compare with before you started this challenge? Don't be disheartened if you've missed a week here and there, or even several months. It takes effort to build up and then maintain your writing momentum before it's not part of your routine. The good thing is, it gets much easier the more you do it.

Anyone who wants to is welcome to join the challenge at any time. The milestone signature images in the first post of this thread cover the whole year, so you can earn the 10- and 20-story ones even if you start today. Ten stories written and sent out on submission in one year is an accomplishment worth celebrating.

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 26!

Mark it appropriately, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 26 prompt is: Anniversary.

You have until the end of Friday 5th July to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

aliwood
06-29-2013, 12:17 PM
SQUEEEEE!!!!

(Thank you)

Spell-it-out
06-29-2013, 03:46 PM
We're half way through the year! How is everyone doing? How do your writing habits compare with before you started this challenge? Don't be disheartened if you've missed a week here and there, or even several months. It takes effort to build up and then maintain your writing momentum before it's not part of your routine. The good thing is, it gets much easier the more you do it.

It is getting easier to write flash fiction, that is for sure. (Well, quantity anyway :) )

Great prompts each week Sophia, they seem to unearth something that may not have seen the light of day otherwise.

Sophia
07-06-2013, 01:14 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 27!

Are you the victor or the defeated, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 27 prompt is: The spoils of war.

You have until the end of Friday 12th July to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

FoidPoosening
07-08-2013, 10:17 PM

Are you the victor or the defeated, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 27 prompt is: The spoils of war.

You have until the end of Friday 12th July to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

I just found this as well! Would it be frowned upon or confusing in the critique forum to go back and write a FF piece about a prompt from a week that's already past?

Going to try and do as many of these as my schedule will allow! Going to have to research some FF markets quickly too :P.

Thanks for doing this!

Dan aka FP.

Sophia
07-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi Dan!

There's no problem with using whatever prompt you want, whenever you want. The only thing I'd ask is that if you post it for feedback in Polished and Ready (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151), don't include "YOWFF" (Year of Writing Flash Fiction) in the title. That's only because the "YOWFF" indicates that the piece has been written for the challenge, and there's a deadline for when those pieces have to be edited and sent out.

Non-YOWFF stories are always welcome in Polished and Ready. If you're also able to give feedback to a few of the other stories posted there, I'm sure their authors would much appreciate it.

Check the market list in the Submitting and Selling Flash Fiction (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=152) sub-forum of this room, if you haven't seen it. :)

FoidPoosening
07-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Hi Dan!

There's no problem with using whatever prompt you want, whenever you want. The only thing I'd ask is that if you post it for feedback in Polished and Ready (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151), don't include "YOWFF" (Year of Writing Flash Fiction) in the title. That's only because the "YOWFF" indicates that the piece has been written for the challenge, and there's a deadline for when those pieces have to be edited and sent out.

Non-YOWFF stories are always welcome in Polished and Ready. If you're also able to give feedback to a few of the other stories posted there, I'm sure their authors would much appreciate it.

Check the market list in the Submitting and Selling Flash Fiction (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=152) sub-forum of this room, if you haven't seen it. :)

Thanks so much Sophia!

Understood as well :D

Already started some critique :), going to have to work on a few of my own now!

Sophia
07-13-2013, 11:59 AM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 28!

Are their pants on fire, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 28 prompt is: Lies.

You have until the end of Friday 19th July to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
07-20-2013, 12:27 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 29!

Who has your back, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 29 prompt is: "Cover me!"

You have until the end of Friday 26th July to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

fivetoesten
07-27-2013, 05:10 AM
gah. I'm running late with this. I'm only about half through, and no polish. I guess I can catch up, maybe post tomorrow...

Sophia
07-27-2013, 11:58 AM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 30!

Who did you just see, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 30 prompt is: Glimpsed in the crowd.

You have until the end of Friday 2nd August to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 31!

Is it a ring, an item of furniture... or something completely different, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 31 prompt is: Heirloom.

You have until the end of Friday 9th August to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
08-10-2013, 02:10 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 32!

What was left unknown, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 32 prompt is: Unsent letter.

You have until the end of Friday 16th August to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
08-17-2013, 02:17 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 33!

Are you sure you know what's on the other side, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 33 prompt is: Airlock.

You have until the end of Friday 23rd August to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
08-24-2013, 01:24 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 34!

Can you get them to confess, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 34 prompt is: Interrogation.

You have until the end of Friday 30th August to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
08-31-2013, 11:22 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 35!

What's in that mysterious crate, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 35 prompt is: Cargo.

You have until the end of Friday 6th September to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
09-07-2013, 01:52 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 36!

Get the word out, in any way you can, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 36 prompt is: Message in a bottle.

You have until the end of Friday 13th September to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
09-14-2013, 12:13 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 37!

Is it just you and some friends, or something else, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 37 prompt is: Gang.

You have until the end of Friday 20th September to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
09-21-2013, 01:06 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 38!

What's getting out there, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 38 prompt is: Photocopier.

You have until the end of Friday 27th September to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
09-28-2013, 11:56 AM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 39!

Collect the reward, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 39 prompt is: Wanted, dead or alive.

You have until the end of Friday 4th October to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
10-05-2013, 01:18 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 40!

Will you answer it, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 40 prompt is: Ringing telephone.

You have until the end of Friday 11th October to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
10-12-2013, 01:46 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 41!

Is it a matter of life, or death, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 41 prompt is: Blood.

You have until the end of Friday 18th October to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
10-19-2013, 01:59 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 42!

Will you share it, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 42 prompt is: Chocolate box.

You have until the end of Friday 25th October to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
10-26-2013, 02:04 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 43!

The ground, a puzzle, a mirror, or a mind, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 43 prompt is: Cracked.

You have until the end of Friday 1st November to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Izz
10-29-2013, 05:22 AM
Ach, how did i not see this before now?

Even though the year's nearly through, i still think i'll jump in. This might be just what i need to get me back writing every day again!

You rock, Sophia :)

Sophia
10-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Yay, Izz! :) Good luck! :e2cheer:

Izz
10-30-2013, 09:08 AM

Though this first story is going to be somewhere between 2 and 2.5k. Oopsie!

Sophia
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 44!

How far back does it go, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 44 prompt is: Archive.

You have until the end of Friday 8th November to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

jvc
11-02-2013, 03:18 PM
You rock, Sophia :)
I agree with your assessment. :)

Sophia
11-09-2013, 03:03 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 45!

Will you use it to hide something, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 45 prompt is: Fireplace.

You have until the end of Friday 15th November to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
11-16-2013, 09:07 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 46!

What lies at the bottom of it, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 46 prompt is: River.

You have until the end of Friday 22nd November to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
11-23-2013, 03:12 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 47!

Whether it's dogs or orchids, is there a goal in mind, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 47 prompt is: Breeder.

You have until the end of Friday 29th November to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
11-30-2013, 02:44 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 48!

What is that circled date, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 48 prompt is: Calendar.

You have until the end of Friday 6th December to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
12-07-2013, 11:25 AM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 49!

Are you one of the lucky few, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 49 prompt is: Ticket.

You have until the end of Friday 13th December to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
12-14-2013, 01:38 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 50!

It can happen at the most unexpected times, flash fictioneers!

Your Week 50 prompt is: Allergic reaction.

You have until the end of Friday 20th December to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
12-21-2013, 03:00 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 51!

What is waiting for you, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 51 prompt is: Across the sea.

You have until the end of Friday 27th December to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

jvc
12-21-2013, 03:06 PM
This is the last but one for the Year of Writing Flash Fiction. So, come on guys, everyone join in.

Sophia
12-28-2013, 03:58 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 52!

What's the last thing you'll see through it, flash fictioneers?

Your Week 52 prompt is: Window.

You have until the end of Friday 3rd January to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Izz
12-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Thanks heaps for running this challenge, Sophia!

Sophia
12-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Hey, flashers! Flash fictioneeriooonies! Awesome Writing Peeps!

Whether you wrote one story this year, or ten, or fifty-two, or more, thank you for taking part in this challenge. Thank you, especially, for being so kind and constructive in your critiques for your fellow writers. It's been a pleasure being part of this forum with you.

And if you wrote no stories this year... you're still just as very welcome as everybody else to be here and challenge yourself in 2014 to push past whatever stopped you and up that count by 1. And then 1 more. And then 1 more after that. If the thought of writing for publication stops you, then write to show yourself that you can write. Sit down with a pen and paper for half an hour and write a situation with a beginning, a middle, and an end. Do this every day, and you'll soon find that you go from :e2shrug: and :e2cry: to :e2bike2: to :e2writer: to :idea: to :e2BIC: to :e2woo: .

The Year of Writing Flash Fiction will return in 2014. Give it lots of :e2fight: , none of :e2violin: , and look forward to lots of :banana: .

Happy new year, lovely peeps. :e2flowers

bearilou
12-31-2013, 09:25 PM
You too, Sophia.

This was fabulous and I kept up with it privately and have more than 3/4 written. Maybe one day I'll dust them off and seek a home for them. Until then, they were perfect for what I needed. Thank you for doing it and I look forward to next year (and hope that there IS a next year).

Izz
01-01-2014, 11:47 PM
The Year of Writing Flash Fiction will return in 2014.:hooray: Especially as i found this so late in the year! :snoopy:

Sophia
01-04-2014, 02:53 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction is a challenge that runs every week in the Flash Fiction forum. Week 1 of the challenge begins today, Saturday 4th January.

To meet the challenge in any particular week, participants must:

1) Write a flash fiction story.
2) Polish that story.
3) Submit that story to a market.

Each of these steps must be completed within that week to count.

The aim of this challenge is to help you to develop a regular routine of writing, editing and submitting flash fiction stories.

Resources:

I will post a story prompt every Saturday, at the start of each new week of the challenge. It is not compulsory to use this prompt; it is simply offered in case you would like something to help kick-start your ideas. You are also free to use, at any time, any of the prompts posted for the Flash Fortnight challenge, all of which are listed in the links given at the bottom of this post. (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213125)

The Polished and Ready room (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151) (password: flashed). Once you have edited your story as best you can, you may post your story here for feedback before you send it out.

You might like to mention that it is a story written for this challenge (for example, you could put "YOWFF 1: [Story title]" as the thread title), so that critiquers are aware that there is a time constraint on feedback. If you do post in Polished and Ready, please consider providing feedback on the stories of your fellow members and challenge participants.

The Submitting and Selling Flash Fiction (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213124) room. Look over the flash fiction markets listed and discussed here to help you decide which ones you would like to submit your story to.

The Flash Fictioners' Corner Booth (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237866). Discuss your writing, commiserate with each other regarding rejections, and celebrate story acceptances. This thread is yours to use as you like!

Signature pips:

As you progress in this challenge, you might like to mark your achievements in your AW forum signature. When you reach each milestone, feel free to use the appropriate image from this super special selection:

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF10-Copy_zpsbf6567c8.jpg http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF20-Copy_zpsc2979595.jpg

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF30-Copy_zps75e9ecf2.jpg http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF40-Copy_zps9aed9655.jpg

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF50-Copy_zps65167a34.jpg http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/elarasophia/AW%20Flash%20Fiction%20Forum/YOWFF52-Copy_zpsc9fe8115.jpg

Some writers are not inspired by words, but by images, or music. If the prompt by itself doesn't work for you, try entering it into Google image search (http://images.google.com/) and writing a story from the first result that catches your eye. For music, you could go to YouTube and listen to the first song result you get for the prompt. (Give yourself a time limit for this - don't forget that you're there for a specific reason.)

Best of luck!

Here we go!

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 1!

Your Week 1 prompt is: Greek fire.

You have until the end of Friday 10th January to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
01-11-2014, 02:26 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 2!

Your Week 2 prompt is: Gulag.

You have until the end of Friday 17th January to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
01-18-2014, 03:00 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 3!

Your Week 3 prompt is: Negative.

You have until the end of Friday 24th January to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
01-25-2014, 03:25 PM

Your Week 4 prompt is: Elephant.

You have until the end of Friday 31st January to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
02-01-2014, 01:57 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 5!

Your Week 5 prompt is: Paint.

You have until the end of Friday 7th February to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
02-08-2014, 03:12 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 6!

Your Week 6 prompt is: Galaxy.

You have until the end of Friday 14th February to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
02-15-2014, 05:12 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 7!

Your Week 7 prompt is: Cassette.

You have until the end of Friday 21st February to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
02-22-2014, 03:05 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 8!

Your Week 8 prompt is: Absence.

You have until the end of Friday 28th February to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
03-01-2014, 04:51 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 9!

Your Week 9 prompt is: Opera.

You have until the end of Friday 7th March to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
03-08-2014, 01:13 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 10!

Your Week 10 prompt is: Secretary.

You have until the end of Friday 14th March to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
03-15-2014, 02:39 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 11!

Your Week 11 prompt is: Dive.

You have until the end of Friday 21st March to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
03-22-2014, 03:08 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 12!

Your Week 12 prompt is: Train.

You have until the end of Friday 28th March to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
03-29-2014, 03:59 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 13!

Your Week 13 prompt is: Charm.

You have until the end of Friday 4th April to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
04-05-2014, 03:07 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 14!

Your Week 14 prompt is: Pram / baby carriage.

You have until the end of Friday 11th April to write, polish and submit your story.

Sophia
04-12-2014, 01:59 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 15!

Your Week 15 prompt is: Ash.

You have until the end of Friday 18th April to write, polish and submit your story.

Sophia
04-19-2014, 01:24 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 16!

Your Week 16 prompt is: Famine.

You have until the end of Friday 25th April to write, polish and submit your story.

Sophia
04-26-2014, 12:37 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 17!

Your Week 17 prompt is: Margin.

You have until the end of Friday 2nd May to write, polish and submit your story.

Sophia
05-03-2014, 02:34 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 18!

Your Week 18 prompt is: Crescent.

You have until the end of Friday 9th May to write, polish and submit your story.

Sophia
05-10-2014, 03:17 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 19!

Your Week 19 prompt is: Circus.

You have until the end of Friday 16th May to write, polish and submit your story.

Sophia
05-17-2014, 12:35 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 20!

Your Week 20 prompt is: Catacomb.

You have until the end of Friday 23rd May to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
05-24-2014, 11:37 AM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 21!

Your Week 21 prompt is: Tinderbox.

You have until the end of Friday 30th May to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
05-31-2014, 01:40 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 22!

Your Week 22 prompt is: Iris.

You have until the end of Friday 6th June to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
06-07-2014, 12:19 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 23!

Your Week 23 prompt is: Drunk.

You have until the end of Friday 13th June to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
06-14-2014, 01:49 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 24!

Your Week 24 prompt is: Rainforest.

You have until the end of Friday 20th June to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
06-21-2014, 02:23 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 25!

Your Week 25 prompt is: Letter opener.

You have until the end of Friday 27th June to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
06-28-2014, 03:44 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 26!

Your Week 26 prompt is: Constant.

You have until the end of Friday 4th July to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
07-05-2014, 02:41 PM

Your Week 27 prompt is: Omnivore.

You have until the end of Friday 11th July to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
07-12-2014, 02:25 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 28!

Your Week 28 prompt is: Armour / Armor.

You have until the end of Friday 18th July to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
07-20-2014, 03:48 PM
I apologise for this being a day late. This week will be extra-challenging for you: are you up to it? Let's see what you're made of!

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 29!

Your Week 29 prompt is: Wild.

You have until the end of Friday 25th July to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
07-26-2014, 02:21 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 30!

Your Week 30 prompt is: Chasm.

You have until the end of Friday 1st August to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
08-02-2014, 04:27 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 31!

Your Week 31 prompt is: Rain.

You have until the end of Friday 8th August to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
08-09-2014, 02:34 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 32!

Your Week 32 prompt is: Phoenix.

You have until the end of Friday 15th August to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Here is the prompt for next week, in white text. Highlight it to read, when you're ready:

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 33!

Your Week 33 prompt is: Queue.

You have until the end of Friday 22nd August to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
08-24-2014, 10:14 AM
I don't know if anyone is still taking part in this challenge, but if so, I'm very sorry that this couldn't be posted yesterday. Good luck!

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 34!

Your Week 34 prompt is: Hooded.

You have until the end of Friday 29th August to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
08-30-2014, 12:34 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 35!

Your Week 35 prompt is: Rider.

You have until the end of Friday 5th September to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
09-06-2014, 02:37 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 36!

Your Week 36 prompt is: Schadenfreude.

You have until the end of Friday 12th September to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
09-13-2014, 02:36 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 37!

Your Week 37 prompt is: Statue.

You have until the end of Friday 19th September to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
09-20-2014, 05:17 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 38!

Your Week 38 prompt is: Embezzlement.

You have until the end of Friday 26th September to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
09-27-2014, 03:02 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 39!

Your Week 39 prompt is: Rebellion.

You have until the end of Friday 3rd October to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
10-04-2014, 02:32 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 40!

Your Week 40 prompt is: Obsolete.

You have until the end of Friday 10th October to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
10-11-2014, 01:23 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 41!

Your Week 41 prompt is: End of the line.

You have until the end of Friday 17th October to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
10-18-2014, 10:53 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 42!

Your Week 42 prompt is: Luck.

You have until the end of Friday 24th October to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
10-25-2014, 02:03 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 43!

Your Week 43 prompt is: Midnight garden.

You have until the end of Friday 31st October to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
11-01-2014, 01:00 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 44!

Your Week 44 prompt is: Kibbutz.

You have until the end of Friday 7th November to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
11-08-2014, 03:13 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 45!

Your Week 45 prompt is: Fire.

You have until the end of Friday 14th November to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
11-16-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry this week's prompt is posted late. Extra good luck to everyone taking part!

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 46!

Your Week 46 prompt is: Gavel.

You have until the end of Friday 21st November to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
11-22-2014, 03:56 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 47!

Your Week 47 prompt is: Thorn.

You have until the end of Friday 28th November to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
11-29-2014, 01:50 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 48!

Your Week 48 prompt is: Illusion.

You have until the end of Friday 5th December to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
12-06-2014, 02:22 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 49!

Your Week 49 prompt is: Fog.

You have until the end of Friday 12th December to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
12-14-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry this is late. Good luck to everyone participating!

A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 50!

Your Week 50 prompt is: Tropic.

You have until the end of Friday 19th December to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
12-21-2014, 09:18 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 51!

Your Week 51 prompt is: Parachute.

You have until the end of Friday 26th December to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!

Sophia
12-27-2014, 02:35 PM
A Year of Writing Flash Fiction: Week 52!

Your Week 52 prompt is: Evidence.

You have until the end of Friday 2nd January to write, polish and submit your story.

GO!