Blessed Yule

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Blessing on this Solstice to my fellow Witches, Pagans and Wiccans.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Bright blessings on this special day. Have a wonderful YULE and may the return of the light spread warmth and joy from your hearth to your hearts.
Blessed Be

Yasaibatake

is her own imaginary friend
Registered
Reaction score
Blessed Solstice! I hope you all had an absolutely wonderful Yule :)

Tyler Danann

Registered
Reaction score
Merry Yule everyone, may the All-Father be with us in these bad times of the current age...

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Solstice, everyone! Did anyone do anything for Solstice? Me, I ended up going to a Winter Solstice open house pot luck for a local community TV station (it's actually run out of an old school at the moment).

But the really cool thing I did on the 21st was the guided candle lantern tour I took that evening. I live near where Washington crossed the Delaware and every year for the past few years, the park (on the NJ side at least) has a candle lantern tour. The park and houses that were part of the tour look so different at night and lit by candles. It was a chilly night, definitely a winter's night, and made me reflect on all that they did that night over 200 years ago in 1776.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
'twas a lovely Solstice, and coming on to be a lovely season. The weather seers are promising us 6+ inches Christmas evening, and I don't have anywhere I have to be.

Gud Yule, Ya'll.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Happy Solstice, everyone! Did anyone do anything for Solstice? Me, I ended up going to a Winter Solstice open house pot luck for a local community TV station (it's actually run out of an old school at the moment).

But the really cool thing I did on the 21st was the guided candle lantern tour I took that evening. I live near where Washington crossed the Delaware and every year for the past few years, the park (on the NJ side at least) has a candle lantern tour. The park and houses that were part of the tour look so different at night and lit by candles. It was a chilly night, definitely a winter's night, and made me reflect on all that they did that night over 200 years ago in 1776.

That's very cool!
I got up before the sun and lit a candle, started a fire with last Yule's ember, and then made a traditional feast of roast pork and roasted apples for dinner. We laughed, drank mead and wine, and then cast a circle to celebrate the return of the light. It was beautiful! I had another witch come with her family for the festivities and our children danced and sang in the circle. The candle burned through the night and in the morning I gathered the ash from the Yule fire and one burned ember to both protect and bless my home and to save for next year's Yule fire ;-) I mixed in some of the wax from the candle, too.

I also carved a few sets of runes, made some willow and mugwort wands, some other ritual items, and then blessed them in the Solstice circle and smoke from the Yule fire.

It was a beautiful day!

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Good Yule and wonderful New Year, everyone :)

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Good Yule! Hope everyone had a blessed Mothernight too (for the English pagans out there.)