• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking: Beta for YA Sci-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerrien

Fire Bad, Tree Pretty
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys :)

I'm looking for a beta for my 95,000-word YA sci-fi. You can find the query here. The first ten pages are here.

I'm willing to do a swap and look over your work in return, in which case my skills are overall plot arcs, continuity, and characterisation. I'm good at pointing out things that strike me as out of place, not so much the finer points of grammar. If you happen to need a Brit to look over your work, I'm also good at being British. :)

Which is what I'd like to find: a beta to look at the overall story, continuity, characterisation and pacing. You don't have to be British, of course--the more cultures, the merrier!

In terms of timing, I'd like to have it back asap, but I know it's the holidays, so I'm thinking I'd like to find someone who could have it back to me by the end of January, and would labour to do the same in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.