Just for fun - the worst Georgette Heyer cover ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
At least I think so. If anyone knows of a worse Heyer cover, I'd like to see it!

http://joyceharmon.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/the-worst-georgette-heyer-cover-ever/

Hmm. I don't really think it's fair (or nice) to remark on a specific author's covers in terms of 'worst'. Especially since most authors have zero input on their covers. Even if we are just talking stylistic anachronisms.

In general, I've seen some romance covers that made me go "WTF?". My favorite is probably the one on which the heroine had 3 arms. (FWIW, they were all lovely arms. And the author took that screwup most graciously.)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also known as George Lazenby: Affair with a Lampshade

Hoo boy.

JoyceH

Registered
Reaction score
Website
joyceharmon.wordpress.com
Hmm. I don't really think it's fair (or nice) to remark on a specific author's covers in terms of 'worst'. Especially since most authors have zero input on their covers. Even if we are just talking stylistic anachronisms.

Well, I'm certainly not blaming the author. And surely the cover artist must be dead by now.

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Haha I love the hat! By far not the worst romance cover I've seen, compared to some of these ones with the Poser models of characters looking disturbingly stiff and with unfocused eyes or lack of a facial expression. Those always amuse me.

Quiggs1982

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryellenquigley.com
I used to do a feature on my blog called Cover Snark Sunday. It's fun laughing at some of the horrible covers out there. Where do some of these come from? Unfortunately, the poor author usually doesn't have a say on their cover, and you have an amazing book being overshadowed by an ugly cover. Thankfully a really great book can overcome such things.

Last edited:

hollis shiloh

love stories about men
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
It certainly wouldn't make me want to read it if I didn't already like Georgette Heyer books. :) On the other hand, if I found it in a used book store, I would still buy it because I know I do!

The worst covers for me are the ones that look rape-ish. ....That's probably not a word, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.