Sharing new cover!

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
Since I just did my cover reveal yesterday, I thought I'd share it here, too, because I'm pleased with how it came out. I stressed out over the image because the model has a shaved head and my MC has curly hair. I managed to fix that. It's a subtle change that I doubt anyone other than me will notice, but it made me happy.

rrnp5c.jpg

Bigger version here. What do you think?

LBlankenship

VPXV 4EVA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lblankenship.blogspot.com
Being picky: "Watch" needs some serious kerning. Weird that it sprawled out like that, when "Suicide" is fine.

But otherwise, it works for me. I'd nudge your name up from the bottom a little, so it matches the margin at the top.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
Margins! Margins margins margins.

Move the photo down, roughly centered horizontally. Shrink it if you don't want the text to overlap at all.

Move the blurb down and the title/byline up.

Is that streaky hazy white stuff in the original photo? I'd lower the opacity on that. It's distracting.

Not a fan of the small caps on your name. Just straight caps would look sleeker, imo.

And yes, adjust the kerning in "Watch," as LBlankenship suggested.

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
Great concept and execution, doubling on the margins line....

Personally I'd still move the author name up a bit more. The top text is traditionally to the edge in most books because it's not that important, but an author name is not and should look structured which means not letting it be eaten by the margin. Move it up just a bit more.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with what the other posters said about spacing, but I like the idea. Good luck with it.

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
I have to confess that at first glance I thought the image was an "Invisible Man"-type picture - it took a whole to realize the head was bowed vs. being a jacket without a visible head, especially with no seat visible. Can I ask what you're trying to portray?