• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking a Beta Reader—Contemporary Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonAngel

without wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thesisterconnection.wordpress.com
Boy, how I wish I knew about beta readers before submitting my manuscript, but at least it's never too late.

I would like a beta reader to read my ~78k-contemporary novel and offer feedback on the plot, characters, voice, the flow, continuity, etc. It's about a 30-year old AA woman who reenters society after a month-long stint in a psychiatric treatment facility with intention of mending relationships in her family. Although there's somewhat of a romance element, it's certainly not centered around that relationship (her marriage), so there are no sex scenes. It has minimal profanity and an interracial component.

It's hard enough finding an agent for this type of book, so I think that a beta is definitely needed.

TIA!!

reason00

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I'd also be interested in swapping. My book is done. 81K. It's contemporary romance about a woman who returns home from the military and discovers her younger sister is marrying her high school sweetheart. If you're interested, let's swap 5 pages, see how we feel about the stories and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.