• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Volunteer (Because winter break is coming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: Filled up!

All right, so, like it says in the name of the thread: winter break is coming. I plan to read a ton over break, and I wouldn't mind adding a few beta reads into the mix.

I'll basically read any given genre inside YA. My specialty is is fantasy, but I also read contemporary on occasion. If you write historical or sci-fi, I'm probably not your best bet, but I'm still willing to give it a shot.

I would prefer to not read first drafts. I would also prefer to not read for people who don't have very many posts--sorry! I just feel more comfortable reading for people that I know are here to really join the community, so I'd prefer if you have at least 50 posts, much like the policy for starting threads in SWY.

I'm willing to pick up 3 or 4 projects, to be read and critiqued between December 15th and January 6th. So, let me know either here or via PM if you're interested :)

PS: Swaps are appreciated (I'll have a project ready for fresh eyes on January 7th or so) but not necessarily required.

Last edited:

Jbecker

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for someone to read my YA paranormal. It's about a girl who struggles with her empathic ability--she can feel the emotions of those around her. What is your book about? I'd be interested in swapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.