• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Beta reader for my erotic stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinnieHazel

Registered
Reaction score
I write a lot of erotic stories and I want to start publishing them in self published collections and anthologies but I need a beta reader.

I thought it might be better to put up a thread rather than message people from the available betas thread because a lot of people don't say if they do erotica or whether they only do certain types of erotica.

Thank you for reading!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If they're short stories, you have enough posts to put them in Share Your Work - Erotica, where a separate password keeps minors out. You can probably get more input there than with betas, as well as more specific input.

I know that I sometimes critique for a stranger at SYW, but I won't beta in private for someone I don't know. Others, of course, just might.

Maryn, burned a bunch of times

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just worried about flooding it.
The easiest way to avoid that is to put in as much as you take out. That's what I've done in the past. If I put up a story and get ten crits, I write ten (or twenty, or a hundred) crits for other authors in return. Of course, writing crits has the added benefit if improving my writing skills, so in that sense I'm taking as well as giving, but it all pays into the quid pro quo system.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I don't see how you would flood it. You put up one short story and say you are seeking a beta. No need to post the entire collection. It lets people know what they would be getting into.

Status
Not open for further replies.