Help with images on blogger

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
I need some help from anybody who is familiar with blogger. Please.

There might be times when I want to post a picture in my blog post.

I have found in the posting toolbar a little icon which you can click and then a drop down window should open that lets you import the picture.

Here is the problem I am having. The icon is there but I can click all I want it and nothing is happening, it's like the dam thing is dead.:cry:

I searched the blogger help files from top to bottom and backwards again but could not find anything on how to make that feature come alive. At last I sent an email to blogger help with the specifc question how to make that feature work. The reply from blogger was nothing more than a long list of links that I already read.:mad:

Oh, yes I did go trough all the template set up features plus all else but zilch, nada, zero.:Shrug:

What gives? Do I miss something or I am just plain gaga:e2hammer:

Any advice from esteemed blogging experts on how to activate the image adding feature in blogger would greatly appriciated.:Hail:

Last edited:

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Considering blogger is going down today for maintenance, it may just be a temporary thing. I'd wait until after they fix whatever they are going to fix and try it again.

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
maestrowork said:
Do you have "pop-up window blocker" turned on?

maestrowork I think you hit the nail on the proverbial head. When I fumbeld around on blogger a little icon in the bottom try of my comp. screen turned up and as I hovered over it with mouse it said "pop-up window plocker on" but computer imbecile that I am I never made a conection between the two things.

I will try later if it is that. If not then I will come back here to complain some more.

Just a personal question to you, which you do not have to answer if you do not feel like it. From which disrict of Hong-Kong to you come? My wife and I lived and worked in Guangzhou for some years and got married in Hong-Kong. During our stay in China we went many times back to Hong-Kong we still have many friends in both China and Hong-Kong, for us it is like a home away from home.

Thanks for all your replies and tips.

Stephanie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familylifeabroad.com
Actually, I think Lisa's got the answer. When I was using Mozilla browser, I too could click until the cows came home and nothing.

Using Foxfire, the problem was solved!

(have no idea why, of course, but happy just the same)

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
sthrnwriter said:
Considering blogger is going down today for maintenance, it may just be a temporary thing. I'd wait until after they fix whatever they are going to fix and try it again.

That might explain why my blog looks whacked-out today when I use my usual browser (Netscape) but okay when I go there via Explorer. Hope it's not permanent.

Deleted member 42

aka eraser said:
That might explain why my blog looks whacked-out today when I use my usual browser (Netscape) but okay when I go there via Explorer. Hope it's not permanent.

I suspect that it's an issue with CSS/HTML and the way different browers decide to interpret the codes/tags.

Making a site work in all browsers is sometimes difficult.

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
huntwriter said:
maestrowork I think you hit the nail on the proverbial head. When I fumbeld around on blogger a little icon in the bottom try of my comp. screen turned up and as I hovered over it with mouse it said "pop-up window plocker on" but computer imbecile that I am I never made a conection between the two things.

I will try later if it is that. If not then I will come back here to complain some more.

Just a personal question to you, which you do not have to answer if you do not feel like it. From which disrict of Hong-Kong to you come? My wife and I lived and worked in Guangzhou for some years and got married in Hong-Kong. During our stay in China we went many times back to Hong-Kong we still have many friends in both China and Hong-Kong, for us it is like a home away from home.

Thanks for all your replies and tips.

maestrowork was right all the way. I went back last night and played around some more, with blogger that is, what where you thinking, eh;). And sure enough it was that trop-down-window-blocker thingy.

As for the difference in apperance. We have several browsers on the computer where my wife tests the look of websites. Yes, she is the computer-website builder- html wizzard and smart guy around here. Not me. Not by a long shot.:eek: Anyway, my wife explained it to me that it has to do with how the browser reads the html coding. As I understand it, but don't bet your farm on it, each browser reads the info a little different hence the different look on different browsers.

Seems like what I have always said. We can fly to the moon and go for an afternoon stroll but down here we cant fix the simplest problems.:Soapbox:

Last edited:

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
I am back with more problems and the hope someone will be able to help me.

I have decided to make a second blog. Yes, I know, I must be crazy.

Here is the problems I am having:

1. If I create a new blog in the existing log on page it will not let me change the profile on the new blog. The two blogs will have the same profile, which I don't want.

Question: Is there a way to have the two blogs on the same log in page and still have a different profile for each blog?

2. Because of the above problem I tried to create a new account. But in the field "User Name" my existing user name comes up and no matter what I tried I cannot change it, it will come back as "error you canot use this username".

Question: If there is a way to overcome this how do I go about it?

I know there are some member here who have two or even three blogs on blogger. How did you do it.member.php?u=2 maestrowork has three blogs, very good once at that, and he had good advice for me before.

Thanksa lot in advance for all you advice.