I'm in a quandary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Listen, Shadow, my dear Ferret. There is a 1-800 number on the side of the frozen meal. Call it and tell them you are confused and why you are confused. Then berate them for putting confusing messages on the package.

They will respond by offering to send you some coupons for free frozen meals.

And YOU will get a laugh.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Like Jay says - Numbers are your friends. Especially toll free numbers.

(oh, yeah - don't forget to come back and tell us the first thing they said)

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
So it doesn't mean to cook the meal and then eat it while sitting in the snow? :idea:

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I know just how you feel, Ferret. I was on my way to Disneyland when I saw a sign that said, "Disneyland Left," so I went home. Then I saw a commercial for Disneyland on TV, and it was supposed to be in the same place, so I guess it didn't really go anywhere. I hope they find whoever put up that lying sign! I bet it's cost them a lot of business.

;)

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
In Oakland, CA, there are signs on the highway for "A STREET - DOWNTOWN". It's a street downtown, but we're not going to tell you the name of it?

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
The girl, with the cute voice, at Heinz said that the Keep Frozen part applies only to storage. You want to keep it frozen until you are ready to use it. When you are getting ready to prepare it, then the Cook Thoroughly applies.

I got the feeling she was trying to keep from laughing at me. :)

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
TheIT said:
In Oakland, CA, there are signs on the highway for "A STREET - DOWNTOWN".
That sign always amused me.

Hey, IT, do you know about "Stop Casting Porosity"?

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I once wrote to Nabisco to demand why they insisted that Fig Newtons were fruit and cake when the package clearly states they are fruit chewy cookies. Remember the commercials? Anyway, they sent me a letter thanking me for my input, a brochure on the history of fig newtons and a coupon for a FREE nabisco product. Bing!

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
sassandgroove said:
Well, I once wrote to Nabisco to demand why they insisted that Fig Newtons were fruit and cake when the package clearly states they are fruit chewy cookies. Remember the commercials? Anyway, they sent me a letter thanking me for my input, a brochure on the history of fig newtons and a coupon for a FREE nabisco product. Bing!

Yep and right on!!!!
This is something everyone should know:

If you call the company's 1-800 number with a complaint, they will send you coupons for more than the value of the product.
AND:
If you write the company with a compliment, and send them the UPC code from the package, they will send you coupons for far, far more than the value of the product.

AND: If you are having a bad day or just a boring day, call the 1-800 number and ask them a silly question about the wording of the package. The people answering the phone can be a riot cause their responses are being recorded and they are being careful to not say the wrong thing to you.*snicker snicker*
*Snicker*

And the best is when you accuse them of having something suggestive. . . . , something 'phallic' on the packaging.........*SNICKER HAH HAH!*

Love you ALL!!!!!!!!

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
Several years ago, Pizza Hut reformulated the recipe for their pizza crust. You know the same old "new & improved" marketing hype. I thought the new crust tasted like cardboard, so I called their corporate office and told them that. The guy from their customer relations asked me if I thought the crust would taste better if he sent me coupons for three free pizzas. I said, yes! And guess what? Cardboard does taste better when it's free :D

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
TheIT said:
No, what's that?
"Stop Casting Porosity" is a big sign, visible from the freeway, in the same neighborhood as "A Street Downtown." It used to be there, anyway. I guess it advertised some industrial process. It always looked like a command.

Or maybe I just take things too personally.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Don't you hate when you're out driving and you come across those signs that say: "Do Not Pass"....?

How on earth do you get anywhere with those darn signs everywhere...? ;)

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
reph said:
"Stop Casting Porosity" is a big sign, visible from the freeway, in the same neighborhood as "A Street Downtown." It used to be there, anyway. I guess it advertised some industrial process. It always looked like a command.

Or maybe I just take things too personally.

Every time I try to parse "Stop Casting Porosity" I come up with different meanings. No, I've never seen it, then again, I've never seen A Street, either. The signs are visible on most of the freeways (like 880).

One of my favorites is the "Automatic Caution Door". A lot of the mechanical doors around here have round warning stickers which have the words "Automatic Door" in one color, but they stick the word "Caution" between them in another, so it looks really bizarre if you read it from the top to the bottom.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm hungry. My frozen meal says:

"Keep Frozen"

and then right below that it says,

"Heat Thoroughly"

HELP! Which is right?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is the sign I hate to see:

"For your convenience . . . ." (you can fill in the rest).

Especially at an airport, or a hospital.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
reph said:
"Stop Casting Porosity"?

Oh, man. I thought it meant 'stop casting vapid actresses in movies that ought to be good.'

nothing like being wrong multudinously in the same day....:Headbang:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I'm having another frozen dinner for lunch. I'm reading the box the meal came in as I microwave it.

It states:
"Use caution as product and packaging (italics mine) will be hot"

I can assure you, that as I held the cardboard packaging while microwaving my product, the box in my hand DID NOT get hot.

That's my public service for the day. :)

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
I can assure you, that as I held the cardboard packaging while microwaving my product, the box in my hand DID NOT get hot.
Did you call the 800 number this time? You might score some coupons for free packaging.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I got a frozen meal that looked nothing like the package. So I'm calling it in.

( They should have informed me that I had to cook it and put it on a plate so it would look like that...but also..it tasted like I dunno, the stuff Ray drains out of his hottub filter every fortnight??????????)

Status
Not open for further replies.