PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Beta Reader

Sobel318
12-01-2012, 09:28 AM
I have an 84k juggernaut of awesomeness that wants to be read. It's a healthy blend of character fiction, sci-fi and supernatural. It revolves around conspiracy, fringe science and high schoolers getting into trouble and places they obviously shouldn't be.

The read is the beginning of a series. I've never been published, but have been working towards my Bachelor in Literature - this story has been mulling around in my head for years and I put pen-to-paper (figuratively) and now I need someone to tell me what they think.

This is raw. I haven't edited it yet (I'm not good at that part), which is why I'm looking for help. One or two dedicated souls who can read this and be astounded by the magnificent plot, the dynamic, real characters and beautiful settings. I don't need someone to proof edit it, just make objective comments and tell me what you think of the direction.

EDIT: 12/10-
The MS has been given a good cleaning and I am still looking.

Unimportant
12-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Sobel, you might want to try posting the first thousand words or so in Share Your Work. That way, you can show readers your magnificant plot and dynamic characters and beautiful setting, and entice them into beta-reading the entire piece in all its awesomeness.

Oh, and if you do post the opening for critique, please place a note at the top noting that it's raw and unedited, since otherwise people in Share Your Work (and, indeed, most beta readers in general) do expect stories to be edited and polished before they're offered up for critique.

Sobel318
12-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Thank you for the advice. I did post in SYW - but I am still looking for an Alpha reader to give me general impressions.

gell214
12-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Willing to swap?

Sobel318
12-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Has been given a good cleaning and now looking for a beta. Willing to swap.