PDA

View Full Version : the big 6, their imprints and the Indy's

haunted
11-29-2012, 03:57 AM
I don't know if this is on the site anywhere, but I thought it was invaluable info!
Who Are the Big Six? What Does “Indie” Really Mean? Answers to Not-So-Dumb Questions You Were Afraid to Ask (http://annerallen.blogspot.com/2012/05/who-are-big-six-what-does-indie-really.html)

by Anne R Allen

victoriastrauss
11-29-2012, 05:07 AM
Good post. She always has good info/advice.

- Victoria

ladyleeona
11-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Very nice--thanks! I'm bookmarking it, though I'm afraid there's going to be more significant mergers (besides RH/Penguin) in the near future, which will change things up quite a bit.

annerallen
11-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks for posting this. I will soon be updating it. Sure is hard to keep up with the Big 6-5-or-is-it-4 as they band together to fight the Mighty Zon. It's an exciting time to be in publishing!

James D. Macdonald
11-30-2012, 11:51 PM
My guess is that every major publisher that settled the Amazon-backed DOJ lawsuit is going to be bought by one of the ones that didn't, sometime in the next couple of years.

Settling with Amazon the DOJ means that they are going to go out of business. It's inherent in the forced Amazon-Gets-Everything business model.

Katie Elle
12-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Indie Publishing

True DIY publishing. You do everything yourself or hire somebody to do it for you. You can do this several ways:

I LOL'd. Send her over here for a knuckle rapping for using badspeak!