Goodbye - Adios - Sayonara - Au revoir

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
OK - I did it. I took on a large writing assignment today and it's due in a month. (agriculture stories)

So....I guess I'll say goodbye to you all....
emoticoncry.gif
I will miss you all and your (stupid, funny, witty, intelligent, ridiculous, etc.) posts.

Oh well.... it'll pay for a vacation to Sanibel/Captiva when I'm all done. Then I can lay around the beach and work on my novel all day.

I better enjoy tonight.... it may be a month before I can join in again (other than an occasional peek)

Last edited:

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on your assignment! We'll be here when you're done.

:hi:

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Will miss your smiling face! But, hoorah on your assignments! At least you live in the very best area to garner info about the genre. :) Good luck to you girl--happy writing!:Hug2:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hurrah! A good thing happening to a good person!

But the joy is bittersweet. We'll miss you. Come back one day, if only to lord your riches over us and show off your tan!

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
September skies said:
I will miss you all and your (stupid, funny, witty, intelligent, ridiculous, etc.) posts.
/QUOTE]

Well I will miss you too, and I was trying to think of something funny, witty and intelligent to post, but I'm only capable of stupid and ridiculous.

Happy cow tipping

maggie2

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on your assignment, good luck with it and come back soon!

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
congrats on the assignment and the determination..your smiling face will be missed but think how much more you'll be smiling once you take that vacation...take care!

Last edited:

SeanDSchaffer

Congratulations on the job, September Skies. We'll miss you, but I hope you have a lot of fun and I look forward to seeing you later.

EmoteHug2.gif

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy for you, but I know our threads will suffer for lack of your posts.

Best wishes, and I hope we'll see you soon.

(Get outta here. We don't need you here, anyway! Go . . . I said, GO!!!! . . . *sob* Come back! September! COME BACK!!!!!)

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
awww.....thanks guys. In all, I have 15 stories to do - so, not bad.

I just came in for a little break. I spoke with the county ag commisioner today and picked up some great info on our agriculture crops -- then I spent an hour or two on the phone setting up interviews

tomorrow - I get to tour a dairy (can it get much better than this?) and then, a citrus packing house

I already had plans to be gone this w/end but next week - I'll be writing about cattle and calves and interviewing a couple of real, live cowboys! Do you think they'll be offended if I ask them if they are anything like Brokeback Mountain?
LOL

Reaction score
Oh knickers...looks like I'll be taking my break just as you return, so we'll be like ships that pass in the night. :(

Hope to cross paths with you again in the not-too-distant future. :D

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, SS! Hope it goes well, and that you finish early--so you can come back and post here, of course. :) You will be missed!

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
Update

I have missed hanging around here all day long - but I decided to go ahead and spend some quality time with my family. (thus the reason I am never around anymore)

But I've had such fun with my stories that I thought I'd give an update.
It's been fun working on the ag stories. We have so much agriculture in our Central Valley in California and I'm becoming a real expert in some of them.

Friday I got to learn about milking cows - and I got up close and personal with some utters - even had milk squirted on me.

It was pretty interesting. The cows all get on this huge merry-go-round thing and go for a ride on the carousel. No one had to get them on either, they do it by themselves. It was really cool. And they got off by themselves too.

AT one farm, they even let me drive a tractor (ok, I just rode, but it was cool)

I know so much now about agriculture, if any of you ever come out this way, I'll personally give you a tour of the Valley and explain every crop and livestock in the area.
smile.gif

In two weeks, I get to attend the World Ag Expo. I'm pretty excited about that.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
SeanDSchaffer said:
Sounds like you're really having fun. Right on!
biggrin.gif

Thanks, I am. I love my work. Where else can they pay you for going to the fair, concerts, tasting chocolate fudge, street fairs, etc. etc.
When I worked more full time at the paper, every day I thought, "Man, I can't believe I'm actually getting paid to do all this and to write about it."
<sigh> Maybe I should go back. But then the voice in my head screams: "NO!!...I'm writing a novel and having a lot of fun doing that!"

I'm starting to think all writers are crazy.