PDA

View Full Version : Boy Meets World returns to tv as Girl Meets World

AbielleRose
11-28-2012, 06:04 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/hit-90s-sitcom-boy-meets-world-sequel-article-1.1209140

Disney confirmed they are bringing back Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to reprise their roles as Cory and Topanga for a new Boy Meets World sequel- Girl Meets World. The show will follow their 13 year old daughter, Riley.

I am extremely excited for this as I was a huge fan of BMW growing up.

AdrianLynn
11-28-2012, 06:13 AM
I find this very exciting! Whenever BMW is on TV I just have to watch it and I'll definitely be giving this new show a chance!

Jehhillenberg
11-28-2012, 06:26 AM
I was stoked to hear the news confirmed. Ben and Danielle back on board. I hope the other characters do make an appearance like Shawn, Angela, Eric, Jack, etc.

AbielleRose
11-28-2012, 06:29 AM
They're trying to get Cory's parents on board, too. Hopefully a lot of the old cast comes back. Eric was one of my favorites. He just made the show. :D

Feeny is still acting (just finished a stint on Grey's Anatomy) so who knows, maybe we'll get some Feeny back, too!

angeluscado
11-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Definitely squealed with excitement when I heard this was happening. Boy Meets World is one of my favorite shows ever - I still watch it on ABC Spark on Saturday mornings.

Will definitely be setting my DVR to record this!

Jehhillenberg
11-28-2012, 07:26 AM
"FEENY--FEEEEENY--FEE-HEE-EEENNY!!!"

LOL

strawberryblondie
11-28-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm so excited for this! Boy Meets World was my favorite show growing up. I still watch reruns sometimes. I definitely hope the rest of the old cast at least makes an appearance. I want to know what became of Eric (or maybe I should say Plays With Squirrels, lol) and Shawn and Mr. Feeny and the others.

Stiger05
11-28-2012, 06:18 PM
I just hope they don't screw it up! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but I remember when Disney bought "Doug" from Nickelodeon. :(

If they do it right though, I'm SO pumped! (My hubby squealed like a little kid on Christmas when he found out, haha).

ChaosTitan
11-28-2012, 07:02 PM
This show was a huge part of my childhood. Growing up, Cory and Shawn were always in the same grade as me, which I loved. I'm excited to see they're bringing it back and NOT as a remake (*hint* *hint* Hollywood) but as a spinoff/sequel.

I'd love to see some of the other actors/characters return, even if for guest appearances. Rider Strong is pretty heavily into the indie film scene lately. Matt Lawrence....what happened to him?

I did read in a recent interview with the cast that Will Friedle (Eric) is agoraphobic, and has been doing mostly voice work the last few years. I wonder if they'll recast or write around the character?

Jolly-Boo
11-28-2012, 07:03 PM
I never knew the show had such an audience. I just remember that the first season was very kid-like, and then as the show went on it became oddly deep, to the point that I was like, "Hmm, what happened here?" Ofc, it was about a boy meeting the world, but I never thought it would go there.

AbielleRose
11-28-2012, 07:34 PM
I did read in a recent interview with the cast that Will Friedle (Eric) is agoraphobic, and has been doing mostly voice work the last few years. I wonder if they'll recast or write around the character?

Wow, that surprises me and makes me feel a bit sad. He came off as such a cuddly, warm character in the series. He was always my crush out of all the guys because he seemed like he could fall in with anyone.

shockandawe232
11-28-2012, 07:38 PM
I was so excited when I heard they were bringing BMW back in a new series. It has been a while since there was anything "good" on Disney channel. I remember watching shows like In a Heartbeat on Disney Channel and movies like The Color of Friendship and Tiger Cruise, they don't (or now I should say DIDN'T) have anything like that anymore.

I'm so excited for this! Boy Meets World was my favorite show growing up. I still watch reruns sometimes. I definitely hope the rest of the old cast at least makes an appearance. I want to know what became of Eric (or maybe I should say Plays With Squirrels, lol) and Shawn and Mr. Feeny and the others.

This is for you strawberry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS903AfgOUo

Alpha Echo
11-28-2012, 07:54 PM
I just hope they don't screw it up! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but I remember when Disney bought "Doug" from Nickelodeon. :(

If they do it right though, I'm SO pumped! (My hubby squealed like a little kid on Christmas when he found out, haha).

This!!! OMG!!! I loved that show!!! LOVED IT! I wanted to be Tepanga. LOL

strawberryblondie
11-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I also hope they don't screw it up. I heard they censor some of the reruns on Disney, so I kind of wish they'd decided to air this on ABC Family instead. I haven't watched either channel in a while, but I know ABC Family's shows tend to have some edgier content. That's one of the things that made Boy Meets World so great, IMO. But Danielle Fishel wrote a blog post (http://dfishel.tumblr.com/) about it that's made me really hopeful.

That is sad about Will. I knew he'd gone to voice work, but I didn't realize why. If he doesn't return, I'd rather they just write around his character. I can't imagine anyone else playing Eric.

This is for you strawberry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS903AfgOUo

Too awesome. <3 <3

shockandawe232
11-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Some best of funny Clips from BMW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UduTRAamTmg&feature=watch-vrec

itsmary
11-30-2012, 03:59 AM
Oh, I used to love Boy Meets World. Hopefully this will be just as good.

Satori1977
11-30-2012, 11:31 PM
I loved this show as a kid. So excited they will be doing this. I really hope Rider Strong at least makes a few appearances, Shawn was my favorite character on the show.