Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com

AdrianLynn

I haunt QLH
Registered
Reaction score
I find this very exciting! Whenever BMW is on TV I just have to watch it and I'll definitely be giving this new show a chance!

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I was stoked to hear the news confirmed. Ben and Danielle back on board. I hope the other characters do make an appearance like Shawn, Angela, Eric, Jack, etc.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
They're trying to get Cory's parents on board, too. Hopefully a lot of the old cast comes back. Eric was one of my favorites. He just made the show. :D

Feeny is still acting (just finished a stint on Grey's Anatomy) so who knows, maybe we'll get some Feeny back, too!

angeluscado

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely squealed with excitement when I heard this was happening. Boy Meets World is one of my favorite shows ever - I still watch it on ABC Spark on Saturday mornings.

Will definitely be setting my DVR to record this!

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so excited for this! Boy Meets World was my favorite show growing up. I still watch reruns sometimes. I definitely hope the rest of the old cast at least makes an appearance. I want to know what became of Eric (or maybe I should say Plays With Squirrels, lol) and Shawn and Mr. Feeny and the others.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
I just hope they don't screw it up! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but I remember when Disney bought "Doug" from Nickelodeon. :(

If they do it right though, I'm SO pumped! (My hubby squealed like a little kid on Christmas when he found out, haha).

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
This show was a huge part of my childhood. Growing up, Cory and Shawn were always in the same grade as me, which I loved. I'm excited to see they're bringing it back and NOT as a remake (*hint* *hint* Hollywood) but as a spinoff/sequel.

I'd love to see some of the other actors/characters return, even if for guest appearances. Rider Strong is pretty heavily into the indie film scene lately. Matt Lawrence....what happened to him?

I did read in a recent interview with the cast that Will Friedle (Eric) is agoraphobic, and has been doing mostly voice work the last few years. I wonder if they'll recast or write around the character?

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
I never knew the show had such an audience. I just remember that the first season was very kid-like, and then as the show went on it became oddly deep, to the point that I was like, "Hmm, what happened here?" Ofc, it was about a boy meeting the world, but I never thought it would go there.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I did read in a recent interview with the cast that Will Friedle (Eric) is agoraphobic, and has been doing mostly voice work the last few years. I wonder if they'll recast or write around the character?

Wow, that surprises me and makes me feel a bit sad. He came off as such a cuddly, warm character in the series. He was always my crush out of all the guys because he seemed like he could fall in with anyone.

Reaction score
Website
www.thefaithpoliticsbaseballblog.com
I was so excited when I heard they were bringing BMW back in a new series. It has been a while since there was anything "good" on Disney channel. I remember watching shows like In a Heartbeat on Disney Channel and movies like The Color of Friendship and Tiger Cruise, they don't (or now I should say DIDN'T) have anything like that anymore.

I'm so excited for this! Boy Meets World was my favorite show growing up. I still watch reruns sometimes. I definitely hope the rest of the old cast at least makes an appearance. I want to know what became of Eric (or maybe I should say Plays With Squirrels, lol) and Shawn and Mr. Feeny and the others.

This is for you strawberry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS903AfgOUo

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I just hope they don't screw it up! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but I remember when Disney bought "Doug" from Nickelodeon. :(

If they do it right though, I'm SO pumped! (My hubby squealed like a little kid on Christmas when he found out, haha).

This!!! OMG!!! I loved that show!!! LOVED IT! I wanted to be Tepanga. LOL

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I also hope they don't screw it up. I heard they censor some of the reruns on Disney, so I kind of wish they'd decided to air this on ABC Family instead. I haven't watched either channel in a while, but I know ABC Family's shows tend to have some edgier content. That's one of the things that made Boy Meets World so great, IMO. But Danielle Fishel wrote a blog post about it that's made me really hopeful.

That is sad about Will. I knew he'd gone to voice work, but I didn't realize why. If he doesn't return, I'd rather they just write around his character. I can't imagine anyone else playing Eric.

Too awesome. <3 <3

itsmary

have faith, restart
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I used to love Boy Meets World. Hopefully this will be just as good.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I loved this show as a kid. So excited they will be doing this. I really hope Rider Strong at least makes a few appearances, Shawn was my favorite character on the show.