Extremely scary elevator prank in Brazil

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
This is from a Brazilian TV show. It's really funny, and a very creepy trick, but I couldn't help but feel bad for some of the prank's victims.

I'm surprised no one had a heart attack or peed their pants. You couldn't do this one in America. Some idiot would pull out a gun.

Worth the view, if you have a few minutes. Good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N5OhNplEd4

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I don't find this funny in the least. I don't think damn near giving someone a heart attack is hilarious. And some people lash out instinctively when they're terrified - what if someone had hit that little girl before they even had a chance to think about it?

I can find humor in just about anything, but this one's just mean. :-/

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I don't think I could handle it. It might actually give me post traumatic stress.

I have a friend who loves scary pranks. She and her family do it all the time. I don't get it.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
My cousin used to be big on jumping out at people and startling them...until he was in high school and his dad lashed out and knocked him on his butt. I just don't get it either. *shrug*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed, though with the effects and the way the lights appear to be cutting out (digitally imo) I bet it's fake. A bunch of actors hopefully.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
Okay, someone tell me. Is this like some The Ring shit where there's a creepy little girl on the ceiling or some shit?

Someone spoil it before I click. Hurry.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, someone tell me. Is this like some The Ring shit where there's a creepy little girl on the ceiling or some shit?

It's just people who get into a elevator and the lights go out. A little girl enters and acts as a ghost. The lights come back on and they shit their pants. The girl screams, light go out, she disappears.

It's funny as hell, until you start questioning things.

What sets me off is: That no one noticed the elevator not moving? I've been on luxury elevators and they shoot your stomach into your shoes. That's why, I think they might be actors. But the lighting affect looks semi-real to me. It might have been altered to give more affect.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score

Lights go out. Girl in pale makeup with doll climbs through secret door. Light goes on. She screams after standing still for 10 seconds. Once she screams light goes out and she walks out the secret door.

Ms_Sassypants

Cadence of Her Last Breath
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's hilarious and very believable. If I was the victim, I'd ask the girl/ghost for a winning lottery number!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate practical jokes and don't think scaring people is funny at all.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
I would scream, wet myself, faint, wake-up and then have a heart attack thinking about it.

Why would you do that to someone? And what would happen if someone decided to attack the little girl?

Very, very cruel prank.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
It's just people who get into a elevator and the lights go out. A little girl enters and acts as a ghost. The lights come back on and they shit their pants. The girl screams, light go out, she disappears.

It's funny as hell, until you start questioning things.

What sets me off is: That no one noticed the elevator not moving? I've been on luxury elevators and they shoot your stomach into your shoes. That's why, I think they might be actors. But the lighting affect looks semi-real to me. It might have been altered to give more affect.
Assuming they're not actors, it's also reasonable to assume that they cut out all the people who didn't fall for it. I would think something like this would be an all-day undertaking (if I recall, the very last guy was running for the front door and it was dark outside), just to get enough people on there (who also got scared) to have enough footage for a successful skit.

There might have been two dozen people or groups of people who got into the elevator and the 6 or 7 instances we were shown were the only ones who fell for it. Showing the ones who didn't fall for it isn't fun.