PDA

View Full Version : Authors that voice controversial opinions online?

The Illusionist
11-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone!

I would appreciate a bit of help on a project I’m working on. It isn’t strictly story-research related but is publishing related, and I was hoping you folks would have some answers.

I’m am a senior Journalism, Media, and Cultural Studies student at Cardiff University and one of my modules has given me the opportunity to integrate my passion for publishing into my academic work. I am carrying out a research project to analyse what impact authors have on their followers when voicing views on issues that divide society on social media platforms. ‘Issues that divide society’ is meant to encompass any and all issues that generate strong opinions, ranging from abortion and gay rights to other political and social issues.

Now, onto my question: do any of you know of any authors that voice controversial opinions on social media sites? The big ones I have so far are Jackson Pearce, John Green, and Neil Gaimain. Do any of you know of any other authors that consistently talk about controversial issues, ideally on multiple platforms (i.e. Jackson Pearce & John Green do Vlogs as well as tweets)? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all very much in advance!

Friendly Frog
11-27-2012, 06:01 PM
I think I remember Michael Crichton writing or saying that climate change was over-rated. I can't say whether it was consistently since I mostly became aware of it through third-party blogs and such and never really paid much attention to it all.

AW Admin
11-27-2012, 07:56 PM
1. You did not as the board owner's permission.

2. You're not following IRB guidelines for research on human subjects.

3. I do not like the way the survey uses cookies.

This is not OK.