Art, Design, Graphic Design Book/website Reccommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
I tried really hard to find a suitable book for my cousin, who is an architect, on basic graphic design and couldn't find one that tackled color, composition, and those basics without it being jaw droppingly expensive.

See, she kinda needs one on at least composition to help her to make a portfolio, etc and never took at graphic design class since she managed to get into Architecture late, so she didn't learn composition skills... and I think it would be useful both for her architecture side to see it physically and also for her portfolio and thinking through problems.

Then I realized this part of the forum doesn't have recommendations. So ya know, save two birds with good color theory, rule of thirds, typography with one post. (I know, extended horribly mangled metaphor. Deal)

Anyone have anything that you would give her or books in general? Most of the stuff I learned verbally from teachers and practice...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is one titled Creative Workshop she might enjoy, although I have no idea how someone didn't get enough design classes in architecture school.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
. . . college bookstores are good places to look. Just browse thru the shelves. If there's a college specializing in art by you, even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.