• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need beta reader - 60k YA fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia Lee

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a few beta readers for my ms. I have about a third edited so far, and I usually edit a chapter or two every day (so there would not be a long wait until the rest is ready).

I would love to swap BUT I can't do line-by-lines at the moment (I have a 9-month old drama queen ;) )

Here's my (rough!) query:

Derek is a damn good Druid, so what if he hasn't used his powers in five years? Truth is, he's scared to death he'll be tracked down and murdered for his magic like his parents were when he was only fourteen.

When Derek finds out Harper, his best friend and a dragon shape-shifter, is being held captive by the Queen of Falias -- the Queen of the only Fae city left standing underground after months of rebel attacks -- he will do anything to rescue her; even if it means re-inciting the ancient blood feud between their races.

Derek plans a rescue mission during the city's annual army banquet, convinced the Queen and her guard will be preoccupied with the festivities. He uses a spell to break Harper's bonds just as a legion of Rebels storm the castle, led by the none other than the traitorous Queen herself.

With rusty magic and her weakened state, Derek and Harper struggle in a fight for their lives, determined to destroy the portal between worlds before the rebels pass through and infiltrate the human world, taking back what they feel is rightfully theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.