Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where else to put this.

My sis-in-law wrote a humorous story about a plastic alligator she got from her mother-in-law (long story, not worth getting into). Anyway, she did this just for fun, describing the alligator going here and there and everywhere...along with photos she snapped to "illustrate" the story.

Upshot is...she's now asking me if there's a site she can post this to. She doesn't want any money for it; she just wants it somewhere on the Web so I guess she can point to it and say, "See? My funny story's on the Internet."

Anyway, I really had no ideas where the heck this could be sent. Any ideas? She doesn't have a blog or her own website, nothing like that. She's also concerned about someone stealing her story (why anyone would steal such a silly thing anyway is beyond me), but I thought I'd ask about that, too. (I told to include some copyright-type language like, "Copyright, 2006, Jane Doe.")

Any ideas are welcome! :D

~Nancy

batyler65

Plot Monkey
Registered
Reaction score
My first inclination is to tell you to have her start a blog and post it there.

Another idea would be to encourage her to google Humor sites and look for links or buttons marked "submissions", or she could e-mail the owners and ask about subs.

Barb

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
My daughter Ally used to have a site on geocities where she posted some of her stuff. When she's got a little more time (it's exam week) I'll have her answer you more fully, but the upshot is there are places on the web where you can make your own web site for free and post pretty near whatever you want on it. You can then put a discrete link in your sig, if you want, so people will check it out.

JerseyGirl1962

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
batyler65 said:
My first inclination is to tell you to have her start a blog and post it there.

Another idea would be to encourage her to google Humor sites and look for links or buttons marked "submissions", or she could e-mail the owners and ask about subs.

Barb

Barb,

A blog came to my mind, too, but I'm not sure if she has the umption to keep up with it.

However, your other suggestion is a good one that I'll tell her to try. Thanks! :)

~Nancy

JerseyGirl1962

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeshanu said:
My daughter Ally used to have a site on geocities where she posted some of her stuff. When she's got a little more time (it's exam week) I'll have her answer you more fully, but the upshot is there are places on the web where you can make your own web site for free and post pretty near whatever you want on it. You can then put a discrete link in your sig, if you want, so people will check it out.

Another good idea, thanks. :) I wonder, though, if a free site like that has to be updated once a week or once a month or something? Just thinking out loud here. Definitely worth a look at - thanks for your help (and please do let your daughter come in with details, as I'm wracking my brains trying to think of things and it's coming up quite empty!).

~Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.