• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader needed...contemporary romance 18+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeallie

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for beta readers, planning on epublishing soon also willing to trade, I read most anything if interested let me know if you want to trade. Roughly 53k words, planning to publish jan 8th, needing reader feedback on plot, characters, continuity. Must be ok with some x rated scenes.

thanks

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looking for beta readers, planning on epublishing soon also willing to trade, I read most anything if interested let me know if you want to trade. Roughly 53k words, planning to publish jan 8th, needing reader feedback on plot, characters, continuity. Must be ok with some x rated scenes.
Hi Zeallie – don’t feel unloved if you don’t get a lot of takers on your offer. Many of us don’t like to commit if we don’t know much about the person or their writing, and you're pretty new here!

The easiest way to fix that is to post the first chapter of your story in Share Your Work, where potential readers can critique it and get a feel for whether it’s their cup of tea (and you can get a feel for whether they're the type of critiquer you'd be comfortable working with). But you need to have participated enough on Absolute Write to have your post count up to 50 in order to put your stories in Share Your Work.

The other option is to put a bit more info in your post. Is your story romance, erotica, or erotic romance? Is it male-female, male-male, female-female, or ménage? Does it contain any non-vanilla sex scenes (e.g. BDSM)?

When do you require feedback by? You noted that you plan to self-publish the book on Jan 8, but readers don’t know how much time you expect to need for editing/ revising/ polishing/ proofreading/ formatting. Some authors can do all that in a day; others like to have at least six weeks to have a proper hack at it.

And, of course, it’s always good to polish the text of your post. It’s so easy to just dash off a request without proofreading it, and we sometimes forget that the only thing other AW members know about our writing style is what’s in our posts. If potential beta readers see run-on sentences and missing punctuation, they may – not unreasonably! – assume that your book will contain a lot of the same types of errors, and may pass up the opportunity to read your book because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.