Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Why are they doing this? It hurts.

I loved Magnum, PI and then I grew up. I love my memory of it and now they're going to screw it up. Well, no they won't. Not for me. I won't watch it.

Seems to me I've noticed around here there are a few people out there writing new material. What a concept. A plague on the remakes.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Is it Raymond Wong, the Fresh Fireman of Recruitment?

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
(I'm not talking about the condoms in my drawer)

The one's that have been there like, forever, next to the teeny ones which are constantly being restocked?

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
Remember when hit movies would spawn new TV shows, instead of the movie industry looking to 20-30 year old TV shows for ideas?

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Things like this make me sad. Are there no new ideas out there that we have to rehash old shows as movies?

Starsky and Hutch
Dukes of Hazard
Lost in Space
Adams Family
The Flintstones
Maverick

(although I will admit Adams Family was pretty good and won't admit that I actually liked "Lost in Space.")

Anyway, I was never much a fan of Magnum, P.I. I'd like to see a Rat Patrol movie!

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
It's funny, cos despite my innate distaste for all these remakes of my favourite tv shows, I'm actually somewhat aroused by the prospect of the (will-they-won't-they) Knight Rider movie.

Bring on the Hoff. Oh yes.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Finish your novel Three and then they'll make it into a movie and we can go watch that.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not talking about Magnum at all. I'm talking about your serial killer novel that we want to read and then watch as a movie.

silentpoet

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe they will cast Harrison Ford:D

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Incidentally, if they insist on doing this, I don't see any reason why Selleck shouldn't do it. Assuming, of course, he doesn't agree with us that it's a really, really bad idea.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
three seven said:
I thought you didn't want to read it. And not having read it, how do you know you want to watch it as a movie?

Of course I want to read it!

I'm psychic; that's how I know it will make a good movie.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
three seven said:
Incidentally, if they insist on doing this, I don't see any reason why Selleck shouldn't do it. Assuming, of course, he doesn't agree with us that it's a really, really bad idea.

Maybe
1) They want someone who can act,
B) They don't want it to be Geriatric Magnum P.I.

;)

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
I had heard a while back that George Clooney's name was mentioned as possibly playing the part.

If they are going to bring the story forward in time (Magnum was a Vietnam Vet) they'll have to alter some of his backstory....perhaps making him a Gulf War vet instead?

Michael Caine as Higgins? (I pretty much like Michael Caine in anything, though he's already playing Batman's butler Alfred).

Take care all -

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
September skies said:
I'll go watch it if it's Harrison Ford! I'm so in love with him.

I've heard that Harrison Ford has stated he'll only do another Indy Jones movie if they do it in the next two years....part of me would like to see another one....but part of me cringes at the thought of an 'old' Indy. (kinda like watching the 'old' Connery or Moore Bond movies)....

silentpoet

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
My-Immortal said:
I've heard that Harrison Ford has stated he'll only do another Indy Jones movie if they do it in the next two years....part of me would like to see another one....but part of me cringes at the thought of an 'old' Indy. (kinda like watching the 'old' Connery or Moore Bond movies)....

It was a joke based on the fact that Selleck was originally up for the Indy role.

I would not even go into the theater if Clooney was in it. I still am upset for what he said unapologetically about Heston. I hope he gets real early onset Alzheimer's disease. Clooney is on my list of actors I will refuse to watch.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
silentpoet said:
It was a joke based on the fact that Selleck was originally up for the Indy role.

I know Seleck was originally thought of to play Indiana Jones....but I've heard that Harrison Ford has wanted to do another Indiana Jones movie, and will consider doing it if it does get done in the next two years.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I believe Indie 4 is in pre-production right now (Lucas to produce; Spielberg to direct -- like good old times). The scary thing is, Ford is too old but Sean Connery is still alive! What a team. It would be interesting to see what might transpire...

Status
Not open for further replies.