PDA

View Full Version : Last Movie You Watched

BlackCrowesChick
01-24-2006, 10:51 AM
There's a last song thread, so how about a last movie thread? You can tell what the last movie you saw was and what you thought of it.

The last one I watched was some '80s horror flick called the Prince of Darkness (and no, it wasn't about Ozzy.) It was by John Carpenter, and I like a lot of his movies, but this one I didn't dig. I thought it was really cheezy and boring. Only plus was that Alice Cooper was in it, but when I saw him in it I wasn't sure if it was really him or not. I thought it was just somebody who looked like him. Then his name showed up in the credits.

I rented the DVD free from the library, so at least I didn't spend any money on it.

maestrowork
01-24-2006, 11:07 AM
I review movies, so every week I could post a new entry. Great.

I just saw Albert Brook's Looking for Comedy in a Muslim World. It's okay. Good thing I didn't have to pay for it.

kristie911
01-24-2006, 12:03 PM
I just watched Daddy Day Care with Eddie Murphy...for the third time. Hey, when you're at work and it's slow and you're bored, you'll watch anything that happens to be on TV.

louisgodwin
01-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Chronicles of Narnia. Overall, very well done.

mdin
01-24-2006, 12:22 PM
I finally saw The 40-Year-Old Virgin. It was pretty good.

MacAllister
01-24-2006, 12:29 PM
I went to see Capote a few nights ago. It was...disturbing.

Carole
01-24-2006, 01:52 PM
This past Sunday afternoon I watched Fried GreenTomatoes. One of my favorite movies ever.

(anybody want some BBQ ?)

Poppy
01-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Ice Age - I love that squirrel and his nut.

StoryG27
01-24-2006, 04:47 PM
My kids and I watched Mulan (for about the fifth time) last night on TV. Good cartoon movie.

Shadow_Ferret
01-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Last three movies I saw were "The TIme Machine" (2002). Not bad. I think they messed with the original story a bit with the morlocks split up into workers and intelligent ones, but other than that, I liked the Victorian costumes.

"Evolution" (2001) with David Duchovny. I really enjoyed this one. It was silly. I like silly. Good special effects.

"Ghostbusters" (1984). My kids had never seen this. My oldest thought it was funny. "Listen! Do you smell that?" My 5-year-old was scared.

illiterwrite
01-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I just watched Crash (the most recent one, not the sex-in-cars movie). Incredibly intense and one of the best flicks I've seen in a while.

rhymegirl
01-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Saturday night I rented The Wedding Crashers. It was okay, but not as funny as I expected.

SC Harrison
01-24-2006, 06:24 PM
The last movie I watched in its entirety was Nausicaa (sp?).Before that it was Master and Commander. It wasn't the first time I've seen these two, and it won't be the last, either.

underthecity
01-24-2006, 06:32 PM
We saw King Kong on Saturday. If you haven't seen it yet, see it in the theaters. I command you. It just won't be the same on DVD, widescreen or not.

It was amazing.

allen

Maryn
01-24-2006, 06:36 PM
We saw "The Constant Gardener" Friday night. It had an interesting structure for a thriller, which bears further study--I'll see it again when enough time has elapsed that I've forgotten details.

Maryn, who wasn't impressed with "Wedding Crashers" either

robeiae
01-24-2006, 06:44 PM
I have been watching the Aliens collection I got for Christmas on DVD (it's freakin' NINE discs). It includes all the theatrical releases plus extended/directors cut releases. Just watched Alien3 the other night. It's okay, but doesn't mesure up to Aliens (the second one). BTW, if you haven't seeen the extended cut of Aliens, it's worth it; adds some depth and is more suspenseful. If I sound like I love Aliens, it's true. I believe it was, by far, James Cameron's best directing job. Titanic (from this standpoint) pales in comparison.

'Course, I also think Blade Runner should have won the AA for Best Picture, Ridley Scott for Best Director, and Rutger Hauer for Best Supporting.

And while we're on this genre, I like Prince of Darkness, though my favorite John Carpenter movie is, by far, The Thing.

Rob :) (who's not a romantic comedy kind of guy, in case you hadn't noticed)

William Haskins
01-24-2006, 06:58 PM
i watched the boys from brazil (http://imdb.com/title/tt0077269/).

Celia Cyanide
01-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Walk The Line

BradyH1861
01-24-2006, 07:32 PM
The best movies don't have names.......

Oh, you mean regular movies. I went to see Munich about a month ago.

SC Harrison
01-24-2006, 07:41 PM
We saw "The Constant Gardener" Friday night. It had an interesting structure for a thriller, which bears further study--I'll see it again when enough time has elapsed that I've forgotten details.

Have you read the book? I'm curious as to how the movie stacked up.

aka eraser
01-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Shrek 2. It was fun. And The Princess Bride for the umpteenth time. I figger six or seven more viewings and I'll understand every line of Andre The Giant's dialogue. Maybe.

OneTeam OneDream
01-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Hostel.

****ing Brilliant.

travNastee
01-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Last three: red eye, wedding crashers, and hostel

PattiTheWicked
01-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Last two movies I watched were Casanova -- which I just LOVED -- and Super Size Me, which was excellent but has put me off fast food for a while.

Marilyn Braun
01-24-2006, 11:48 PM
I watched Wedding Crashers which my husband laughed at way more than I did, which if you knew him, it would be unusual.

I also watched Madagascar, but I fell asleep part way through. I don't remember too much but I love the Pengins!

Yeshanu
01-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Ice Age - I love that squirrel and his nut.

Ice Age II is gonna be out soon... :D

(Not certain if it'll be as good, but the squirrel's back!)

Last movie watched: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Overall, better than I was led to expect.

Jaycinth
01-25-2006, 12:47 AM
"Without a Paddle".

My son rented it. I am so glad I didn't pay for it.
Before that, they rented "Queen of Darkness". I didn't pay for that one either.

I'm going to blame the lack of taste on my !#$*$!*$%%%&!#*!!:rant: MIL!!!!

three seven
01-25-2006, 12:55 AM
How is it so hard to answer a question around here?

-"What was the last movie you watched?"
-"The last three movies I watched were..." :e2smack:

The last film I watched was the Longest Yard (the current remake). Against expectations, I found it highly enjoyable.

Carole
01-25-2006, 01:21 AM
How is it so hard to answer a question around here?

Do you need a hug?

(I didn't care for The Longest Yard, btw. Then again, I am a chick)

three seven
01-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Do you need a hug?Not particularly, Carole. A rifle'd be handy though.

MarkButler
01-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Underworld Evolution...

Loved it! although it took place mostly in a vacuum, I found the story interesting and of course its action-packed with an unexpectedly tender ending. Well worth watching if you liked the first one at all.

Carole
01-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Not particularly, Carole. A rifle'd be handy though.
No rifles handy. How about a shotgun? THAT, I have! ;)

September skies
01-25-2006, 01:41 AM
Friday night it was just me and my 15-year-old at home. So we went to Sonic for fresh-fruit slushies and then picked up the video "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" -- it was pretty cute. I liked it. And we enjoyed a special mother/daughter evening - just the two of us.

silentpoet
01-25-2006, 02:14 AM
Orgazmo, though I have probably watched something since then. But I can't think of any particular ones. I watched orgazmo twice a couple of weekends ago.

threedogpeople
01-25-2006, 02:26 AM
March of the Penguins - excellent movie. I liked it so much that I'm going to buy the DVD (and I don't have any kids).

Perks
01-25-2006, 04:59 AM
The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I love a good horror film and this one had some excellent scary moments. Word of caution though, if you decide to look up the 'true story' that inspired the film - wait a good while until you do. It really kills any mystery to be had there.

sirensix
01-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Just saw Underworld: Evolution - or as the critics are calling it, Underworld: Hey Let's Look at Kate's Butt Some More.

I give the movie three stars, Kate's butt five.

robeiae
01-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Just saw Underworld: Evolution - or as the critics are calling it, Underworld: Hey Let's Look at Kate's Butt Some More.

Ha! I went to see it yesterday. I liked it more than the first (which I loved), but not because of the nude scene.

Still, Kate is smokin' hot...

Rob :)

mkcbunny
01-26-2006, 09:14 PM
I've been screening movies for a film festival, so the last movie I watched was a locally produced oddity. Referring briefly to that other movie thread, it would definitely be classified as a "cult" film. I can't even describe it.

Last theatrically released movie I watched was Palindromes on DVD.

StoryG27
01-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Ha! I went to see it yesterday. I liked it more than the first (which I loved), but not because of the nude scene.

Still, Kate is smokin' hot...

I want to go see Underworld: Evolution soooo bad. I loved the first one, but I can't exactly drag my kids with me to the movie theater to see it. I'll have to be patient...not my biggest strength.

BTW, I did like the remake of The Longest Yard (but I expected to like it).

maestrowork
01-26-2006, 10:11 PM

I'll give Kate's butt a high-five. She's smokin'.

BradyH1861
01-26-2006, 10:25 PM
I'll give Kate's butt a high-five. She's smokin'.

I concur.

mattwaterman
01-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Infection

I've always loved Horror and I am on an absolute Japanese horror movie bender--whenever I get the chance I check them out. In American cinema one can practically predict the ending in the first 10 minutes of a movie (oh, there's the hero; there's the 'love interest'; there's the 'rogue friend'...) But in some of the Japanese movies I've seen, that trend is bucked; heck, even the shots are all different than we're used to. This movie in particular had some great atmosphere through the first half but got kinda wonky story-wise towards the end. Still recommended though.

ViatMortege
01-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Hi there!
I'm knew around here, so I decided to pop in and make myself annoying.
The last movie I watched was X2, X-Men United. I'd say that, even though it wasn't true to comic book form, it was pretty good. I'm really looking foreward to X3, it's like, coming out in May. Moria McTarget and Warren Worthington [III] Angel, are supposed to make appearances!
But, back on track, I also watched Phantom of the Opera. Love that movie!

ChunkyC
01-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Like Ray, I write a weekly movie review column. Last one was Brokeback Mountain.

In a word ... superb.

robeiae
01-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Like Ray, I write a weekly movie review column. Last one was Brokeback Mountain.

In a word ... superb.
Your column, the movie, or both? :D

(Beware shady Mods offering drinks)

maestrowork
01-27-2006, 12:39 AM
I'd say CC, his column and the movie are all superb.

(shady mods a$$-kissing each other)

ChunkyC
01-27-2006, 01:19 AM
That Ray feller writes a pretty darn fine review hisself.

(shady mods kissing their drinks)

Actually, Ray's got a much tougher audience. His primary audience is comprised of movie and TV industry folks. Mine is as likely to be read by an elk as a human.

silentpoet
01-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Supertroopers.

robeiae
01-29-2006, 12:53 AM
I rented a movie called "Layer Cake" last night. Brilliant.

Maryn
01-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Watched The Aristocrats last night, recently out on DVD.

Maryn, whose stomach hurts from laughing

Shadow Otenaki
01-29-2006, 07:34 AM
I watched Batman Begins. Very good movie. I loved it. ^^

Jo
01-29-2006, 08:06 AM
LOL! I watched Batman Begins as well. :D

Shwebb
01-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Just came back from a screening of Bubble. It's a Steven Soderbergh film.

It was filmed in my hometown, and my husband works w/ one of the actors in it--we got free tickets.

Not a bad movie; definitely not for everyone. It is getting good reviews, though.

Carole
01-29-2006, 05:03 PM
We watched Flight Plan yesterday afternoon. I REALLY liked that movie. I love it when I don't have the whole movie figured out half-way through!

We watched The Fog last night. I liked it. Parts of it actually surprised me, and that's not easy to do with a movie.

(We also watched Transporter 2. I couldn't take it. It was just ridiculous. I ended up going to bed. If his car was supposed to be a superhero on it's own, they shoulda said so. Maybe give it a red cape or something.)

aadams73
01-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Watched The Aristocrats last night, recently out on DVD.

Maryn, whose stomach hurts from laughing

Ditto--on both counts!

PrettySpecialGal
01-29-2006, 06:27 PM
DOWN AND DERBY, the Scout movie about the pinewood derby. Pretty good- especially if you have a connection with the scounts and can see how true some things ring throughout the story.

Maryn
01-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Last night, Lord of War with Nicolas Cage and Jared Leto.

At least four times during the movie, one of us announced what was going to happen concerning a particular character or situation. We got it right every time. This is not good.

It's also a sign of poor quality when one of the people watching picks up the L.L. Bean catalogue that's sitting there and finds it slightly more interesting.

Maryn, rating it four out of ten (although Jared Leto is still real purty!)

AdamH
01-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Borrowed Half Baked starring Dave Chappelle from the library just to see if it was still as good as I remember it from university. Glad to say it was. Suddenly I have the munchies.