Last Movie You Watched

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCrowesChick

Uptown Girl
Registered
Reaction score
There's a last song thread, so how about a last movie thread? You can tell what the last movie you saw was and what you thought of it.

The last one I watched was some '80s horror flick called the Prince of Darkness (and no, it wasn't about Ozzy.) It was by John Carpenter, and I like a lot of his movies, but this one I didn't dig. I thought it was really cheezy and boring. Only plus was that Alice Cooper was in it, but when I saw him in it I wasn't sure if it was really him or not. I thought it was just somebody who looked like him. Then his name showed up in the credits.

I rented the DVD free from the library, so at least I didn't spend any money on it.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I review movies, so every week I could post a new entry. Great.

I just saw Albert Brook's Looking for Comedy in a Muslim World. It's okay. Good thing I didn't have to pay for it.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I just watched Daddy Day Care with Eddie Murphy...for the third time. Hey, when you're at work and it's slow and you're bored, you'll watch anything that happens to be on TV.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Chronicles of Narnia. Overall, very well done.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I went to see Capote a few nights ago. It was...disturbing.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
This past Sunday afternoon I watched Fried GreenTomatoes. One of my favorite movies ever.

(anybody want some BBQ ?)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
My kids and I watched Mulan (for about the fifth time) last night on TV. Good cartoon movie.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Last three movies I saw were "The TIme Machine" (2002). Not bad. I think they messed with the original story a bit with the morlocks split up into workers and intelligent ones, but other than that, I liked the Victorian costumes.

"Evolution" (2001) with David Duchovny. I really enjoyed this one. It was silly. I like silly. Good special effects.

"Ghostbusters" (1984). My kids had never seen this. My oldest thought it was funny. "Listen! Do you smell that?" My 5-year-old was scared.

illiterwrite

Registered
Reaction score
I just watched Crash (the most recent one, not the sex-in-cars movie). Incredibly intense and one of the best flicks I've seen in a while.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saturday night I rented The Wedding Crashers. It was okay, but not as funny as I expected.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
The last movie I watched in its entirety was Nausicaa (sp?).Before that it was Master and Commander. It wasn't the first time I've seen these two, and it won't be the last, either.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
We saw King Kong on Saturday. If you haven't seen it yet, see it in the theaters. I command you. It just won't be the same on DVD, widescreen or not.

It was amazing.

allen

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We saw "The Constant Gardener" Friday night. It had an interesting structure for a thriller, which bears further study--I'll see it again when enough time has elapsed that I've forgotten details.

Maryn, who wasn't impressed with "Wedding Crashers" either

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I have been watching the Aliens collection I got for Christmas on DVD (it's freakin' NINE discs). It includes all the theatrical releases plus extended/directors cut releases. Just watched Alien3 the other night. It's okay, but doesn't mesure up to Aliens (the second one). BTW, if you haven't seeen the extended cut of Aliens, it's worth it; adds some depth and is more suspenseful. If I sound like I love Aliens, it's true. I believe it was, by far, James Cameron's best directing job. Titanic (from this standpoint) pales in comparison.

'Course, I also think Blade Runner should have won the AA for Best Picture, Ridley Scott for Best Director, and Rutger Hauer for Best Supporting.

And while we're on this genre, I like Prince of Darkness, though my favorite John Carpenter movie is, by far, The Thing.

Rob :) (who's not a romantic comedy kind of guy, in case you hadn't noticed)

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Maryn said:
We saw "The Constant Gardener" Friday night. It had an interesting structure for a thriller, which bears further study--I'll see it again when enough time has elapsed that I've forgotten details.

Have you read the book? I'm curious as to how the movie stacked up.

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Shrek 2. It was fun. And The Princess Bride for the umpteenth time. I figger six or seven more viewings and I'll understand every line of Andre The Giant's dialogue. Maybe.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Last two movies I watched were Casanova -- which I just LOVED -- and Super Size Me, which was excellent but has put me off fast food for a while.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
I watched Wedding Crashers which my husband laughed at way more than I did, which if you knew him, it would be unusual.

I also watched Madagascar, but I fell asleep part way through. I don't remember too much but I love the Pengins!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.