Attention cell phone owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Heh heh…this has got to be the lamest question ever posted here.

I don’t own a cell phone, but the character in my WIP does. What’s a good way to describe her dialing or calling up a number programmed in the cell’s memory bank? What are the steps, basically? Certainly I’m not going to necessarily list the steps one after another, but of course I need the scene to play out authentically.

She retrieves her cell phone, then...?

Thanks, dahlings!

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
I have my top 20 or so numbers on voice dial, as I use bluetooth and it means I don't have to touch the phone at all to make calls.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Here are two different ways I did in a couple of books (I write primarily in first person, but it works just as well in third.) People will grasp the actions in their head:

After digging around in my purse, I extracted my cell phone. It was earlier in California and Jeremy keeps odd hours because of filming demands. I clicked the button until I found his name on my phone list and pressed to dial.

I picked up my cell phone again and clicked the down arrow five times to come to the church phone number without even looking at the display. Knowing the order I’ve saved the numbers really helps when I’m driving. I hit the send button. It didn’t even ring on my end before it was picked up.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only cell phone I ever use are the pay ones that say SHERIFF al over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.