PDA

View Full Version : testers requested please

thinkerbeat
11-15-2012, 06:25 PM
See you there.

Thanks!

goshirn
12-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Hey, well I can help you, I know almost nothing of web programming, but I learned some C and Visual Basic when I got my IT technician's degree.

Also even though I don't know much about html, java, flash or ruby, I know a lot about web design, I've watched a lot of Lynda tutorials on it and I've also helped a friend on mine in the design of several websites.

The logo is... well not good, but I think it's just there to be a place holder for the proper logo right? Also is it called Pebblefoot Park or The Park?

The home page I think needs some redesign, but it's very good, there are some very cool ideas, I just think they could be put together a little better.

Also on the "Welcome To The Park!" page, don't talk too much, just tell me "Hello person, welcome, follow these simple steps so we can know you a little better:

Step 1: Account
Change your password, name and occupation. Choose your picture."

Just tell me what to do.

Also I get a little confused, what is the park, is the park the main page I was in or this thing I'm in now with lots of buttons on the top, I know I'm being overly dumb, but things have to be intuitive and you have to put an almost null learning curve to the website.

Anyway I have lots of ideas about the design, it's simple design changes or re-applying ideas already there, which should be basically just copy pasting code.

I'm sorry if I'm being to harsh, I generally am, don't take it personally, I'm just giving my opinion.

Send me a PM of you want to heard the rest of what I have to say about the site, I'll try to be nicer, but I don't promise anything xD

thinkerbeat
01-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks for your reply, harsh or not.

thothguard51
01-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Pebblefoot,

There are already hundreds of sites for writers to display their work. Try Goodreads.com, Harper's Authonomy, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and many other social sites to see what your up against.

So please tell me why your start up site is special.

What are you going to do for me that other well established sites with big name financial back can not do?

What are the terms of anyone posting on your site? Will the members have to give your site the non-exclusive rights to post or use the work in any manner they deem fit?

How will you protect members privacy and whatever they post?

Will you have back up servers?

Do you have a lawyer and lots of insurance? If you don't think you need a lawyer or insurance for your site, ask the owner of this site...

Just some things to think about.

thinkerbeat
05-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Thinkerbeat Writing Competition #2

Just a quick reminder, the second writing competition of 2015 will be over in only 10 more days!

If you want to enter, upload your story now. You'll still be able to edit your story at any time between now and the 15th of May.

And tell your friends! The prizes just got bigger.

1st place, US$25
2nd place, US$15
3rd place, US$10