PDA

View Full Version : Yay! TMI Trailer!

mellymel
11-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Just found out from some people who srsly love me and know of my undying love for this little YA series called The Mortal Instruments. It one of those series that's a total hit or miss for most people, but for me, it's been my favorite series ever (don't be judgin', Yo!). Sadly, it doesn't come out until next summer, but I'm just happy it's coming out!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1697444/mortal-instruments-city-of-bones-exclusive-trailer.jhtml

fireluxlou
11-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Wow that was quick for a trailer. I mean they only finished filming last week.

mellymel
11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Alternative youtube link (MTV blocks videos for UK viewers :evil - keep running into this problem with their exclusives, grrrrrr.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcslDjIoK5U
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcslDjIoK5U)

It's coming up as blocked for me. Is that because I'm in the states?

TudorRose
11-15-2012, 08:01 PM
It's coming up as blocked for me. Is that because I'm in the states?

Nah, blocked for me now too under copyright violation! I'll edit my previous post.

Glad you're so excited about the film, Mel - haven't read the books yet myself, but I want to get the first one in before film comes out.

mellymel
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Nah, blocked for me now too under copyright violation! I'll edit my previous post.

Glad you're so excited about the film, Mel - haven't read the books yet myself, but I want to get the first one in before film comes out.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was the case because I searched Youtube yesterday for the trailer but it seems MTV has the exclusive rights at this point. I'm sure it will be available in the near future.

CrastersBabies
11-15-2012, 11:11 PM
No idea what TMI is.

mellymel
11-15-2012, 11:34 PM
No idea what TMI is.

Then you're not a fan ;)

The Mortal Instruments--a YA Fantasy series by Cassandra Clare

Cyia
11-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Every time I see it, it reads as "too much information."

Stiger05
11-16-2012, 12:51 AM

Ditto.

Sydneyd
11-16-2012, 12:59 AM
I saw the trailer yesterday. I had to contain my girlish squeeing. I am excited to see all the demons on the screen, this book has so many chances to make a visually stunning movie.

I just saw Lilly Collins in Mirror, Mirror on netflix. I'd remembered her name as being cast for Clary so as I watched her I tried to fit her in the role. I thought it could be a good match. I'm holding out on the actor who plays Jace, I'll need a longer trailer for that, or a trailer that shows him doing something very bad ass.

BenPanced
11-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Just found out from some people who srsly love me and know of my undying love for this little YA series called The Mortal Instruments. It one of those series that's a total hit or miss for most people, but for me, it's been my favorite series ever (don't be judgin', Yo!). Sadly, it doesn't come out until next summer, but I'm just happy it's coming out!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1697444/mortal-instruments-city-of-bones-exclusive-trailer.jhtml

Please, let's not use this thread to cut up the books. I'd prefer to keep it a thread where people who enjoyed the books and are looking forward to the movie have a place to discuss and share our excitement. If that's possible. If not, so be it. *shrugs*

No idea what TMI is.

Then you're not a fan ;)

The Mortal Instruments--a YA Fantasy series by Cassandra Clare

Ditto.
Be nice, guys. Don't be a harsh-mellow and violate the OP's request.

:tmi

:sarcasm

jvc
11-16-2012, 04:29 AM
I can't believe people still use sarcasm in a civilised society. :sarcasm

And just for the record: any discussions relevant to the movie are allowed to be discussed in the thread, even if it involves a mention of the book. Thread starters cannot dictate what can and cannot be discussed inside a thread they start. Just remember, though, to keep discussions on topic, to respect your fellow writer, and not to flame for flames sake. For example: I hate this book/movie, as a stand alone statement would not be acceptable. If you were to explain why you didn't enjoy the movie/book, and it's pitfalls in telling a story etc, then that would be fine. And lastly: I like Baileys. And cookies.

So, just to be totally clear. I like Baileys and cookies. Thankyee.

Nick Rolynd
11-16-2012, 05:16 AM
Judging by the trailer, I think the film will be decent. That's really the only vibe I get from it. It doesn't scream masterpiece, but bad movies usually have bad trailers, and this one isn't too shoddy. I'm always afraid when I hear about a book adaptation that the movie is going to be awful because it happens far too often.

Looks like they changed quite a bit from the book though, which is (normal but) a little worrisome. Hopefully, the core story is about the same.

I suppose we'll find out next August.

mellymel
11-16-2012, 05:32 AM
Be nice, guys. Don't be a harsh-mellow and violate the OP's request.

:tmi

:sarcasm

:P

Whatevs. Tear it up if you must. Nothing anyone says about it will take away my excitement for this film.

mellymel
11-16-2012, 05:34 AM
I can't believe people still use sarcasm in a civilised society. :sarcasm

And just for the record: any discussions relevant to the movie are allowed to be discussed in the thread, even if it involves a mention of the book. Thread starters cannot dictate what can and cannot be discussed inside a thread they start. Just remember, though, to keep discussions on topic, to respect your fellow writer, and not to flame for flames sake. For example: I hate this book/movie, as a stand alone statement would not be acceptable. If you were to explain why you didn't enjoy the movie/book, and it's pitfalls in telling a story etc, then that would be fine. And lastly: I like Baileys. And cookies.

So, just to be totally clear. I like Baileys and cookies. Thankyee.

I deleted my statement in the OP. I'm totally open to any sort of discussions and would never want to deter anyone from feeling they cannot voice their opinions whatever they may be. If it gets to a point that I'm bothered by what others are saying, I have the option to not enter the thread. Free will!