Anyone use Publisher Alley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
I'm thinking about subscribing (a discount through MWA) but would like to get opinions of anyone who uses it.

Here's the blurb on what it covers:

"Publisher Alley allows subscribers to not only track their own books, but every title being sold at bookstores, libraries, retail stores, and Internet retailers nationwide that are supplied by Baker & Taylor. The service does NOT track your sales through other distributors, such as Ingram, or at individual retailers like Barnes & Noble, Borders or Wal-Mart. Publisher Alley provides a partial view of your sales…not the full picture. Even so, the sales and market information they offer can be very revealing and useful."

(They mention Borders, how quaint!)

Thoughts?

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
This would be, at best, a very partial picture of sales. Maybe useful in conjunction with BookScan, or another utility that would track other wholesalers--but on its own, I can't see that it would be terribly useful.

- Victoria

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
What Victoria said. I have a subscription through RWA and the numbers are kind of...tiny. Nowhere close to a complete picture of anything. I mostly think of it as library sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.