Email submissions

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
I've tried searching for this answer and didn't see it. I did see several threads about email querries and their timelines, but what I was wondering was this:

If I sent an email querry to Readers Digest per their guidelines instructions, (actually it was on online form I filled out - and the form asked for phone numbers and addresses) should I expect an answer by email?

It hasn't been that long (about two to three weeks) but I find myself excited every time I open up my email (no word yet)

Could it be possible that they call or write (I'm thinking positive here) or do they stick to email? Anyone know?

I'm very new to this.

dantem42

Registered
Reaction score
September skies said:
I've tried searching for this answer and didn't see it. I did see several threads about email querries and their timelines, but what I was wondering was this:

If I sent an email querry to Readers Digest per their guidelines instructions, (actually it was on online form I filled out - and the form asked for phone numbers and addresses) should I expect an answer by email?

It hasn't been that long (about two to three weeks) but I find myself excited every time I open up my email (no word yet)

Could it be possible that they call or write (I'm thinking positive here) or do they stick to email? Anyone know?

I'm very new to this.

Not to burst any bubbles, but it's best to entertain a healthy pessimism regarding any specific submission. As a percentage, very little gets published compared to what gets submitted, and it's probably best to find yourself surprised on the upside later if they get back to you.

As to the more general sense, best is to find a few people whose opinions you respect (a good writing group is helpful) and try to get an assessment of whether you're talented enough to pursue it further or whether you're being self-delusional. And remember not to shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Hi dantem,
I'm always optimistic about my writing. I'm a talented writer and have something some people don't -- faith in my writing and faith in myself. Hey, I had a story published in Stories of Strength - that was very special!

I like to tell everyone I meet "Don't ever let go of your dream"

My dream is to be published in magazines and I really believe that it will happen.

If it doesn't happen this month - that's OK. There's always next month.

And, don't worry, I won't shoot you. :)