Reasons why Buffalo is better than Minneapolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
Reason #1) Emotional honesty.

If Buffalonians have a problem with you, they don't stuff it down deep inside, like they do in Minneapolis. They get a mess of their pals together, get out the heavy ordinance and blow you to smithereens, gangland-style, in a very public place.

Very few people go to bed angry in Buffalo (and even less live long enough to go to bed).

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
September skies said:
I take it that you are speaking from personal experience. Having never been to either, I have no idea which is better.

It's intended to be funny. Stop being so literal and play along.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Beef on kummelweck and wings.
e2drunk.gif

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Minneapolis, and I'll tell you why:

1) Your avatar. 'Nuff said.

2) Minnesota nice, but with a hip, urban mentality all our own. Even our thugs are polite.

3) Atmosphere, The Replacements, Husker Du, Prince, The Suburbs, and Soul Asylum

4) I live here. You can't argue with that, can you, Jack?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yes, but isn't this whole discussion akin to extoling the virtues of dysentery over flesh-eating bacteria?

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
Both cities have football teams that are 0-4 in the Super Bowl, so I'd say it's a tie.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
There is this place in Buffalo that makes this choclate candy. The candy is really puffy and fluffy, and they don't make it during the summer months. So This woman I used to work with, would bring a big batch down every Christmas after she visited her mother. That chocolate was great, I've never had anything like it... MMMMMMMMMM

Um so what's a 'Minneapolis?' anyway?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, by all means, buy the chocolate, but does that mean you have to live there? You'd know about Minneapolis, if only Jack's avatar weren't so tiny. The only thing I know about Buffalo is that Troma called me about doing a movie out there, and I couldn't go, because I was shooting another movie out here in Minneapolis. And my Minneapolis movie is going to be in a film festival, so ha! Take that, Lantern Jack! Even though you and I didn't know each other then.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
The reason why Buffalo is better than Minneapolis, final and ultimate:

I LIVE THERE!!!!

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Buffalo Wings....

On that alone, I give the edge to Buffalo....unless you (Celia) can offer a better "Minneapolis" food.

:)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lantern Jack said:
Reason #1) Emotional honesty.

If Buffalonians have a problem with you, they don't stuff it down deep inside, like they do in Minneapolis. They get a mess of their pals together, get out the heavy ordinance and blow you to smithereens, gangland-style, in a very public place.

Very few people go to bed angry in Buffalo (and even less live long enough to go to bed).
Ah, but Rochester has just been named the murder capital of New York state, for the 7th time in the last 10 years, with more murders per capita than Buffalo, Albany, and way more than New York City. Of course, a lot of the victims were asking for it--many were kids who looked at someone wrong, smiled at some thug's girlfriend, made the mistake of answering the door, or dared to walk on the street they lived on.

Maryn, disgusted

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
You couldn't pay me enough to step foot in either one, especially in the winter. And neither one has a decent place to get a Pina Colada.

BTW, I went swimming in my pool today. :D

Rob :)

So did I. Afterwards, my balls were the size of atoms and my special guy was so badly cold-shrunk, he looked like the Wicked Witch of the West after Dorothy pitched a pailful of water right in her warty, moldering phizog.

Status
Not open for further replies.