PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why Buffalo is better than Minneapolis.

Lantern Jack
01-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Reason #1) Emotional honesty.

If Buffalonians have a problem with you, they don't stuff it down deep inside, like they do in Minneapolis. They get a mess of their pals together, get out the heavy ordinance and blow you to smithereens, gangland-style, in a very public place.

Very few people go to bed angry in Buffalo (and even less live long enough to go to bed).

September skies
01-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I take it that you are speaking from personal experience. Having never been to either, I have no idea which is better.

Lantern Jack
01-23-2006, 10:39 AM
I take it that you are speaking from personal experience. Having never been to either, I have no idea which is better.

It's intended to be funny. Stop being so literal and play along.

mkcbunny
01-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Niagara Falls.

Shadow_Ferret
01-23-2006, 06:57 PM
WOw. They have gangs in Buffalo? Killing each other in the streets? I always kind of thought of that as a nice quiet place.

Haggis
01-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Beef on kummelweck and wings. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/e2drunk.gif

Celia Cyanide
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Minneapolis, and I'll tell you why:

1) Your avatar. 'Nuff said.

2) Minnesota nice, but with a hip, urban mentality all our own. Even our thugs are polite.

3) Atmosphere, The Replacements, Husker Du, Prince, The Suburbs, and Soul Asylum

4) I live here. You can't argue with that, can you, Jack?

Perks
01-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Yes, but isn't this whole discussion akin to extoling the virtues of dysentery over flesh-eating bacteria?

Shadow_Ferret
01-23-2006, 07:44 PM
3) Atmosphere, The Replacements, Husker Du, Prince, The Suburbs, and Soul Asylum

Um, these were FOR reasons?

Celia Cyanide
01-23-2006, 07:49 PM

What bands has Buffalo brought us?

clintl
01-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Both cities have football teams that are 0-4 in the Super Bowl, so I'd say it's a tie.

Shadow_Ferret
01-23-2006, 08:18 PM
What bands has Buffalo brought us?

None that I know of. So in this case since they haven't forced any BAD bands on us, they get the nod? ;)

NeuroFizz
01-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Niagara Falls.
And the Mississippi doesn't.

mkcbunny
01-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey, back off Husker Du. LOL.

Celia Cyanide
01-23-2006, 08:42 PM
None that I know of. So in this case since they haven't forced any BAD bands on us, they get the nod? ;)

have you even HEARD Atmosphere, dude? Or any of them, for that matter? ;)

Jaycinth
01-23-2006, 09:04 PM
There is this place in Buffalo that makes this choclate candy. The candy is really puffy and fluffy, and they don't make it during the summer months. So This woman I used to work with, would bring a big batch down every Christmas after she visited her mother. That chocolate was great, I've never had anything like it... MMMMMMMMMM

Um so what's a 'Minneapolis?' anyway?

Celia Cyanide
01-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Oh, by all means, buy the chocolate, but does that mean you have to live there? You'd know about Minneapolis, if only Jack's avatar weren't so tiny. The only thing I know about Buffalo is that Troma called me about doing a movie out there, and I couldn't go, because I was shooting another movie out here in Minneapolis. And my Minneapolis movie is going to be in a film festival, so ha! Take that, Lantern Jack! Even though you and I didn't know each other then.

Lantern Jack
01-23-2006, 10:35 PM
The reason why Buffalo is better than Minneapolis, final and ultimate:

I LIVE THERE!!!!

Celia Cyanide
01-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah...and that's the ONE THING Buffalo has that Minneapolis doesn't! ;)

My-Immortal
01-24-2006, 05:53 AM
Buffalo Wings....

On that alone, I give the edge to Buffalo....unless you (Celia) can offer a better "Minneapolis" food.

:)

Perks
01-24-2006, 05:55 AM
sno-cones...

in July - and made from real snow

robeiae
01-24-2006, 05:56 AM
You couldn't pay me enough to step foot in either one, especially in the winter. And neither one has a decent place to get a Pina Colada.

BTW, I went swimming in my pool today. :D

Rob :)

Maryn
01-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Reason #1) Emotional honesty.

If Buffalonians have a problem with you, they don't stuff it down deep inside, like they do in Minneapolis. They get a mess of their pals together, get out the heavy ordinance and blow you to smithereens, gangland-style, in a very public place.

Very few people go to bed angry in Buffalo (and even less live long enough to go to bed).Ah, but Rochester has just been named the murder capital of New York state, for the 7th time in the last 10 years, with more murders per capita than Buffalo, Albany, and way more than New York City. Of course, a lot of the victims were asking for it--many were kids who looked at someone wrong, smiled at some thug's girlfriend, made the mistake of answering the door, or dared to walk on the street they lived on.

Maryn, disgusted

Lantern Jack
01-24-2006, 08:26 AM
You couldn't pay me enough to step foot in either one, especially in the winter. And neither one has a decent place to get a Pina Colada.

BTW, I went swimming in my pool today. :D

Rob :)

So did I. Afterwards, my balls were the size of atoms and my special guy was so badly cold-shrunk, he looked like the Wicked Witch of the West after Dorothy pitched a pailful of water right in her warty, moldering phizog.

Shadow_Ferret
01-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks for that image.

At least I'm not thinking about fishnet stockings any more.

:flag:

My-Immortal
01-25-2006, 03:22 AM
Celia - what is a traditional food Minneapolis? Besides anything with ice.... :)

Celia Cyanide
01-25-2006, 06:42 AM
Celia - what is a traditional food Minneapolis? Besides anything with ice.... :)

Without ice? You mean, straight up? Neat? I only like my drinks on the rocks!

robeiae
01-25-2006, 06:46 AM
I only like my drinks on the rocks!
Doesn't sitting on rocks while you're drinking hurt your arse?

mkcbunny
01-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Nice bourbon on the rocks. Even better when it's cold outside.

I have heard a lot of cool things about Minneapolis.
I spent my wee years in Buffalo. [Buried in snow, skating on ice.]

Though I might find many hip reasons to lean toward the M, nostalgia and the ice-blasted falls in winter drag me toward Buffalo. Sorry, Celia.

ETA: There is nothing like Niagara Falls in winter. Either it calls to you or it does not, but it's something indeed.

My-Immortal
01-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Without ice? You mean, straight up? Neat? I only like my drinks on the rocks!

No silly - I was wondering what food Minneapolis is known for.....? Anything? I'm just curious.

Celia Cyanide
01-25-2006, 07:17 PM
No silly - I was wondering what food Minneapolis is known for.....? Anything? I'm just curious.

That IS the food Minneapolis is known for!

The Red Dragon is known for their cocktails, particularly the Wondrous Punch. First Avenue is known for the cheapest, strongest drinks downtown. The Triple Rock is known for its exotic selection of triple beers, since as Delirium Tremors and La Trappe. The Leaning Tower of Pizza is known for its sweet happy hour, and unique spin on the Sex On The Beach.

As far as food goes...well...the Triple Rock serves some good bar food. The Red Dragon has Chinese food, or something. We have some excellent Pizza places, such as Pizza Luce and Dulono's. And we have some great sushi places...with excellent sake!

Shadow_Ferret
01-25-2006, 08:07 PM

Lutefisk. :)

Celia Cyanide
01-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Lutefisk is Cod that's been soaked in lye for a day. It's best with lots of butter.

It's big in greater Minnesota. Here in the cities, I have never had it.

My-Immortal
01-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Celia - you're basically saying you live among a bunch of drunks....? :)

I suppose that's one way of coping with the cold and snow....

LOL - Thanks for the answer.

(So basically, no one travels to Minneapolis for the food, is what you're saying...)

Take care all -

Celia Cyanide
01-26-2006, 02:49 AM
Celia - you're basically saying you live among a bunch of drunks....? :)

Yup.

(So basically, no one travels to Minneapolis for the food, is what you're saying...)

They travel here for the music, the bars, and the coffee shops. People who come here BRING food. I live by Eat Street, and there are many restaurants, Thai, Vietnamese, Mexican, Chinese, Middle Eastern, Japanese, African, all authentic, and owned by immigrants.

My-Immortal
01-26-2006, 03:25 AM
Now I'm hungry.

P.H.Delarran
01-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Well, Buffalo is better, in my opinion anyway, than Bear, but not as good as Venison, but I've never had Minneapolis. ;)