Casey Hudson asks for input on Mass Effect 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I thought this was interesting but I'm skeptical of his sincerity. Hudson took to Twitter today to not only confirm that preliminary work has started but also to ask for fans to tweet him opinions on what they'd like to see in ME4

This is a "seek out fan input" approach similar to the one Bioware has employed for Dragon Age 3, so perhaps it's a sign that they're learning how best to approach future titles for beloved franchises. I'm praying it's not a prequel.

Here's a link to an Examiner article about it which contains the link to his twitter page.

http://www.examiner.com/article/bioware-wants-fan-input-for-the-next-mass-effect-title

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a prequel myself. I've already told Casey Hudson on Twitter what I would want—nay, demand from a new Mass Effect game.

Which is to say, Carnage. =^_^=

GiantRampagingPencil

That new author smell . . .
Registered
Reaction score
The new ME needs a character to mock stupid things that were said about the ending of ME3.

That would be interesting. I can picture it: a character going on about video games, fan bases, satisfying climaxes, renegade/paragon paths, different coloured explosions etc.

Shepard's response would be to fix them with that stony, slightly uncomfortable expression and say "I should go."

I wonder if then reporting them to the mental health authorities would earn paragon or renegade points?

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I can't keep from laughing hysterically every time I watch those Gamer Poop videos.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Bioware Montreal will be developing ME4. A new blog post from Yanick Roy (Montreal Studio Director) confirms it and points out two th gs I found interesting:

1) Like Battlefield 3 and Dragon Age 3, ME4 will utilize the Frostbite engine, dumping Unreal Engine 3 which was used on ME1 - ME3. Given its ability to render graphically impressive environments, coupled with Bioware's proven ability to design beautiful, if not stunning, landscapes/environments, this sounds like a plus to me.

2) Although Hudson will remain Executive producer of the game, he'll hand off the day-to-day creative and development decisions to an as-yet-unnamed Project Director. Reminds me a bit of Lucas handing over the reigns of Star Wars now that he's sold it. A new team and new leadership might be the breath of fresh air ME4 will need to be a hit.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/12/an-update-from-bioware-montreal/

Status
Not open for further replies.