PDA

View Full Version : Poetry Contest Results!

William Haskins
01-23-2006, 08:00 AM
The poll has closed and the mob has spoken.

Congratulations to Penelope (aka Poppy Hullings) for garnering the most votes with her poem "When Mourning Dawns".

Congratulations and thank you to all of the other contestants who shared their work with us for this contest. Your participation is much appreciated.

Cassie88
D.J.
kdnxdr
Eveningsdawn
oneovu
Paint
paprikapink
rhymegirl
DenimSoul
sarah s
mkcbunny
Haggis
Saritams8

You may now refer to the contest thread (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25425) to see which poet wrote which poem.

Finally, I'd like to thank Jenna for setting up the poll to accomodate the greater number of options, and for running such a great community.

Penelope, I'll get your prize in the mail this week.

Thank you all again,

William

StoryG27
01-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Congrats Penelope!

All of the poems were wonderful. It was sooo hard to choose just one. I loved reading all the amazing poetry, so thank you all for submitting your poem for us to enjoy. I am awed by the talent of all the contestants!

DenimSoul
01-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Congratulations Penelope! Fabulous job on the poem. Now you must tell us which poetry book you're going to select as your prize. Enjoy!

D.J.
01-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Congratulations Penelope! There were lots of great choices, but I had voted for yours. It really touched me and spoke to me of loss I've felt.

William Haskins
01-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Now you must tell us which poetry book you're going to select as your prize.

but see... that's where the evil™ comes in.

i get to select it.

P.H.Delarran
01-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Great Job Penelope!

paprikapink
01-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Penelope! of course -- I shoulda known!

That poem kicked my butt. Meaning, you know, I felt it.

Great contest, William. And effective too if one of your goals was to generate interest in the Poetry Forum. Now that I see a bit of what I'm missing, I'm planning to make it one of my regular stops.

William Haskins
01-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Great contest, William. And effective too if one of your goals was to generate interest in the Poetry Forum.

you read me like a book.

Now that I see a bit of what I'm missing, I'm planning to make it one of my regular stops.

that's what i want to hear.

mkcbunny
01-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks to all of the partipants for submitting. And thanks to all of the folks who read and voted. And, of course, many thanks to Will for puttin' on the show.

Unique
01-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Each poem was special in its own way - each one well written. Thanks, poets!

It's hard to choose when you like them all.

kdnxdr
01-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks to William and all for a very fun poetry contest. It was a good teacher on many levels. And, even though I didn't fare well, I'm ready for the next one William!

kdnxdr

kdnxdr
01-23-2006, 06:20 PM
And, congratulations, Penelope.

Cassie88
01-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Oh, Poppy, I thought your poem was exquisite. Congratulations!

all night my voice undefined
has swung from star to star
to call you back

My favorite lines

Thanks, Will, you pushed me to write something new - all week, I was making little changes in my head that I think will fine tune it a little more.

And congratulations to all the writers for putting it out there. I enjoyed reading them all!!

Sarita
01-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Yay, Poppy!

Thanks to Jenna and Will for the organizational efforts. Thanks to everyone else for reading and voting. :) The poetry forum rocks it out...

awatkins
01-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Congratulations, Poppy! Awesome job. :)

And congratulations to everyone who entered. It's not easy to put your work out there for voting! I applaud your eforts, and thank you all for all the wonderful poems.

Haggis
01-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Congrats, Penelope. :Hail: A richly deserved victory. And thanks to William for hosting.

Poppy
01-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Oh wow, this makes me smile. :)

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments and a big thanks to those that voted for my poem. It's near and dear to my heart which makes this moment taste all the sweeter.

I look forward to my surprise, William, thanks. :)

rhymegirl
01-24-2006, 04:37 AM
Great job, Poppy. Very well-written poem.

Thank you to William for this contest (and Jenna). Great idea to gather people onto the poetry board. I am a little dismayed that we couldn't get more people voting. Guess we needed that little troublemaking dude, Vote_Bot.

We're ready for Round 2 now!

Eveningsdawn
01-24-2006, 06:21 AM
Yay Penelope! It was an awesome poem.

mkcbunny
01-24-2006, 07:20 AM
I am a little dismayed that we couldn't get more people voting. Guess we needed that little troublemaking dude, Vote_Bot.

Be still my beating heart.

Susie
01-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Congrats! Poppy. That's super and most deserved! Everyone's poem is very good too.

oneovu
01-25-2006, 05:39 PM
What outstanding competition. I was awed by the other entries.

Thanks to everyone who voted (special thanks to a few ;) )

Thank you, william, for the well-run contest and personal prize offering.

Congratulations to Penelope for the deserved win.

Paint
01-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Congratulations Poppy! Well deserved!

Congratulations to everybody; this was a quality contest and I am proud to be part of it. I am looking forward to William's next contest. It really livened things up a bit--!

Paint

maestrowork
01-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Congrats, Poppy! :kiss:

Now, you must tell us what Haskins picked and sent to you... nekkid pictures and all...

Poppy
02-02-2006, 11:01 PM
I got Selected Poems of Carl Sandburg and I'm lovin' it.

Thanks, William! :)