PDA

View Full Version : Where to check ebook sales?

TroyJackson
11-03-2012, 04:00 AM
So my new novel, The Elementals, has been going for nearly two weeks now. I looked online on the 'Author Central' with Amazon and was able to track hardcover and paperback, but it states that 'Kindle and other ebooks are excluded.' Anyone know where to track ebook sales? Thanks

LBlankenship
11-03-2012, 06:04 AM
kdp.amazon.com

How did you self-publish an ebook without going there?

Kriven
11-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Sorry, here's a visual guide:

http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/809/checkbooksales.png (http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1663/checkbooksalesrl.png)

J. Tanner
11-03-2012, 10:24 AM
You used a subsidy(ish) publisher (virtualbookworm) so you will not be able to directly see your sales as the other posters above have described it.

You will need to go back to virtualbookworm and use their sales reporting tools. You should have some sort of dashboard there and they will have information available to you on how/when it will be updated. You're unlikely to find anyone here familiar with it to give you hints.

Another thing you can do if their reporting doesn't meet your needs is set up your ebook on novelrank.com. This uses Amazon rankings to estimate Amazon sales in a near real-time basis. Take the word "estimate" very seriously. It will underreport fast selling books significantly. But for slow sellers it should be in the ballpark. And underreporting rather than overreporting at least sets you up for a pleasant surprise when you get the real numbers from your service provider.

Old Hack
11-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Kriven, those images are really helpful and all but they're vast. Can you reduce them to under 400 x 400 pixels or to clickable thumbnails, please, so they don't suck up everyone's download time? Thanks.

TroyJackson
11-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Hehe thanks all. Kriven, beautiful visual demonstration there. But J. Tanner is correct, I cannot pull it up there. I'll check with my publisher.

Kriven
11-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Kriven, those images are really helpful and all but they're vast. Can you reduce them to under 400 x 400 pixels or to clickable thumbnails, please, so they don't suck up everyone's download time? Thanks.

Okey dokey.

shaldna
11-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Hehe thanks all. Kriven, beautiful visual demonstration there. But J. Tanner is correct, I cannot pull it up there. I'll check with my publisher.

If you are published with a publisher, and not self published, then you will probably have to wait until your royalty statement comes in.