PDA

View Full Version : Overexposed Stars that you wish could Go AWAY

CrastersBabies
11-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Just wondering who you're sick of hearing about: music, television, movies, doesn't matter.

Me? I'm sick of hearing about Rhianna and Chris Brown. For obvious reasons.

And Taylor Swift.

alleycat
11-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Any and all of the Kardasians.

Lady Gaga.

Justin Bieber.

thorjansen
11-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Courtney Stodden.

DarkSongofErrin
11-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Beiber. One direction. Everyday there is something about them on television.
I wish they would all go in one direction, far away from me.

Zoombie
11-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Chris Brown disgusts me, but his fans horrify me, the apologizing, white-washing asshats. The dude put a woman's HEAD through GLASS and got a slap on the fucking wrist and his career is doing fine AND legions of his fans DEFEND HIM FOR IT.

That's fucked up.

Jehhillenberg
11-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Me? I'm sick of hearing about Rhianna and Chris Brown. For obvious reasons.

And Taylor Swift.

Ditto

Opty
11-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Honey Boo Boo.

blacbird
11-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Adam Sandler
Vince Vaughan
Will Farrell

caw

gothicangel
11-02-2012, 12:17 PM
I have a tactic for this: don't read celeb driven newspapers/magazines/blogs, switch off the internet, don't watch trashy films or tv.

KateSmash
11-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Honestly? All of them. Plus the British monarchs. When I'm seeing tabloid-esque crap on my local morning news, I kind of want to throw my TV out the window. (Except it's on the first floor and I love my TV.) I really don't understand the obsession with celebrity.

LOG
11-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Sol.
Srsly.
Shows itself off way too much. :P

seun
11-02-2012, 01:31 PM
All of them.

Stiger05
11-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Definitely the Kardashians (funny note: spell check wants to correct this to "guardians," umm...I think not).

LAgrunion
11-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Definitely the Kardashians (funny note: spell check wants to correct this to "guardians," umm...I think not).

Any and all of the Kardasians.

Yeah . . . the Kardashians should take a break.

shadowwalker
11-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Anyone whose off-screen behavior garners more attention than their on-screen work. And pseudo-celebrities (whose only claim to fame is having some camera follow their silly little lives).

warofthesparks
11-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Adele.

Seriously, if I have to hear one more person describe her as "amazing," I'll go rolling in the deep of the ocean.

LAgrunion
11-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Adele.

Seriously, if I have to hear one more person describe her as "amazing," I'll go rolling in the deep of the ocean.

:D

Maybe you'll change your mind if you listen to Make You Feel My Love...

Lavern08
11-02-2012, 06:38 PM
While I lurve Adele's music, and Taylor Swift is just a cutie-pie, I have to agree with the above-mentioned "celebrities."

I'd like to add: Any celebrity who thinks we care about their political views. :Shrug:

KateSmash
11-02-2012, 06:44 PM
I'd like to add: Any celebrity who thinks we care about their political views. :Shrug:

Goodness, yes! I am counting the hours to when this election is finally over. Seems like it's been worse this year with all the emails, snail mails (was so weird to open the mailbox and see Morgan Freeman's face) and commercials 24/7. Just act/sing/whatever and leave me alone. :cry:

regdog
11-02-2012, 07:05 PM
All of the above plus, the whole slew of celebrities who are going to do the yet to be scheduled benefits for Hurricane Sandy.

Kewii
11-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Any 'star' who appears on any of those 'pay attention to me, I'm famous' shows. You know, Dancing with the Stars, Kardashians, Ice Loves Coco, etc. etc. etc.

lbender
11-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Tom Cruises's teeth.

Shoestring
11-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Tom Cruises's teeth.

You beat me to it. xD

I'll also add James Bond and every actor who has ever played him. Except Sean Connery, but mostly because he's been out of the acting scene for several years now.

Then Nicolas Cage and Bruce Willis. And every 'celebrity' who might be pregnant or cheating this week and every week following.

mirandashell
11-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't actually know who any of these people are. Except Sean Connery.

And I work very hard to keep it that way.......

mugwort
11-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Kardashians. What no talent big ass bimbos. Pretty yes but than so is the Venus Di Milo with the same intelligence.

Celia Cyanide
11-03-2012, 06:38 AM
R. Kelly. Do I need to explain why?

Marumae
11-03-2012, 07:05 AM
I don't necessarily hate her, but I would love it if Hollywood would stop shoving Amanda Seiyfried down my throat, I just don't think she's that damn good of an actress hollywood okay? Jeesh!

CrastersBabies
11-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Any 'star' who appears on any of those 'pay attention to me, I'm famous' shows. You know, Dancing with the Stars, Kardashians, Ice Loves Coco, etc. etc. etc.

Yes yes 1000 times yes.

fireluxlou
11-03-2012, 01:09 PM
You beat me to it. xD

I'll also add James Bond and every actor who has ever played him. Except Sean Connery, but mostly because he's been out of the acting scene for several years now.

Then Nicolas Cage and Bruce Willis. And every 'celebrity' who might be pregnant or cheating this week and every week following.

Nah Sean Connery as well he's a proud wife beater so throw him in there as well. I like Bruce Willis. Cage is a Coppola can only explain his longevity.

I would say Simon Cowell and Chris Brown and Charlie Sheen.

measure_in_love
11-04-2012, 04:59 AM
Adele.

I'm right there with you warofthesparks. While I listen to her songs occasionally, but I agree. When she first came out, I liked her songs but I didn't want to listen to them because everyone was just so annoying about it.

for me I'd also include Lindsey Lohan. That girl is a hot mess, it's never ending headlines about her. Really annoying. I don't know why people act so surprised when she does another stupid thing.

Also: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. Seriously, get over it. Kristen Stewart is such an awkward person. They both are really. But every time Kristen talks I just feel embarrassed for her.

Lavern08
11-05-2012, 01:37 AM
...for me I'd also include Lindsey Lohan. That girl is a hot mess.

Also: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson.

Yes, yes, and YES!!!

J.S.F.
11-06-2012, 01:57 AM
Pretty much everyone that everyone in this thread has listed with the exception of Amanda Seyfried (I think she's talented), Bruce Willis (he has his moments) and Taylor Swift. And a couple of others. The way I look at it is this: these celebs are people who have a certain 'something' which keeps them working and in the public eye. I can't see Beiber or Rihanna or (God help me) the Kardashians but there it is. They're there. Deal.

Let's face it, while the celebrities can be annoying--and for my money there's no one more obnoxious, untalented, and downright irrelevant than Simon Cowell--there is the 'Mr. Off' button or the 'Mr. Change-the-Channel' button on your Mr. Remote. That's why I very rarely watch television anymore. It's simply not worth it for me to tune into who's sleeping with who, or who got arrested for drug possession, or who's butt is wider now due to all the...

...never mind.

Back to writing!

Celia Cyanide
11-06-2012, 06:14 AM
I don't necessarily hate her, but I would love it if Hollywood would stop shoving Amanda Seiyfried down my throat, I just don't think she's that damn good of an actress hollywood okay? Jeesh!

Funny, isn't that Megan Fox in your avatar?

Marumae
11-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Funny, isn't that Megan Fox in your avatar?

Is it? I don't know, I just thought it was a pretty picture and used it as an avatar?

[Edit: I guess it is, blagh, I had no idea I found it randomly browsing for pictures for inspiration for my writing. I don't think she's a terribly good actress either honestly. Changing it now.]

elindsen
11-07-2012, 07:28 AM
While we're on the topic of celebrity driven shows, can I just say E! needs to die? They are such hypocrites. When Briney or Paris flash their goodies E! shows the pictures like it's candy. But when the Royals (Harry and Kate) got caught, they said it was immoral. Seriously? What's the f***ing difference?