PDA

View Full Version : Things I Hate About November...

Lavern08
11-01-2012, 05:47 PM
...absolutely nothing!!! :tongue

My birthday is in November, and I always make out like a bandit.

I'll turn 60 this month, and I'm taking next Thursday and Friday off to celebrate - Mr. Hunny and I are going out of town with another couple on a short cruise. :snoopy:

But enuf about me,

How about you? What do you *hate* about November?

Cella
11-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Turning 30.

Lavern08
11-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Turning 30.

Soooooo, that means I'm twice as old as you?

DANG!

MorganMarshall
11-02-2012, 12:59 AM
I love November... mostly. The leaves, the crispness, the anticipation of snow and holiday joys.

I do not, however, love being sick.

*Ksnerkchew!*

*Sniff*

Oi.

StarryEyes
11-02-2012, 01:40 AM
I love November too. To me, November always means the birthday of my best friend :D It falls on a Wednesday this year and since we have the afternoon off we'll watch television series together while snuggling on the sofa under warm covers, listening to the wind and rain outside!

Ah, November, blissful month before December and its exam overload...

Caitlin Black
11-02-2012, 02:45 AM
It's starting to get hot here. November isn't as bad as February, sure, but it marks the point of no return heading into Summer.

heyjude
11-02-2012, 02:53 AM
Happy pre-birthday, Lavern!

I can't think of anything I hate about November. It's lovely weather.

Oh, I know: all the prep for Christmas. I love Christmas, but there's a LOT to do in advance (I work for a church).

VeronicaX
11-02-2012, 04:27 AM
Happy early birthday, Lavern! :partyguy:

I love November. I can finally start Christmas shopping!

Hate the storms during this season though...

Jehhillenberg
11-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Getting older

Lavern08
11-02-2012, 05:46 PM
*Bans Silver King for using the F-word in my thread* :poke:

LadyV
11-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Those dreary days that aren't quite cold enough for snow, so it pours and pours and makes everything so damp.

Tepelus
11-02-2012, 10:05 PM
It's not Krampus season yet (inspired by the Krampus thread).

BeatrixKiddo
11-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Well, I'm home sick from work, so my November is not starting out well.

I don't mind November. I just hate the winter weather that comes with it.

I like Thanksgiving, even though it's kind of an "invisible" holiday since the Christmas advertising starts so early now.

I like NaNo in November because it does motivate me to write, and even though I hate the cold, I like feeling cozy and warm inside writing, if its cold outside.

I'd say its just mostly the weather I hate in November. I am not a cold weather person and never will be. I need to move. Sigh.

shadowwalker
11-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Other than Thanksgiving (and certain people's birthdays :)) I can't think of any reason for November to exist. It's past any decent days to work or play outside, snow can come blasting in at any minute (and with 30 miles of open road to traverse at night to work...), it takes 20 minutes to dress for a 10 minute errand, the snowblower needs overhauling, the plastic (and thus lack of any view) goes on the windows, and it takes with it any hope of a forever-lasting summer.

Bah! :rant:

WriterDude
11-03-2012, 01:41 AM
November Lover here too.

Wedding anniversary, bonfire night fire works, the streets smell of the smoke of coal fires and log burners, the trees turn and drop their leaves, bonfire toffee, parkin, and casseroles for dinner. Great stuff.