Okay, so this was weird...

MorganMarshall

I keep my head firmly in the clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gutsandglorybooks.com
Not sure where to put this, but here looks like the best candidate (if I'm wrong, mods, feel free to move it of course). I wanted to share something kind of creepy cool with y'all:

It goes like this:

So, I met a writer friend some time ago, and he told me to drop his name in my queries, stating the oft-exclaimed, "it's all in who you know" in the publishing world. So I went home and did a few queries with his name in there. Then I thought, "hey, I wonder if he'd refer me to HIS agent?" So I called him and he said sure, and told me who his agent was.

Now, this is where things get freaky.

I'd just cleaned out my office, and set aside some SASEs to an agency I was planning on querying but had felt for some reason that the time wasn't right. Now, I'd queried TONS of agents by this time, and this was the ONLY one that I hadn't felt right about querying at the time. When my friend told me his agent, I walked over to my desk to look at the SASE, as the name sounded eerily familiar.

Yeah. Same agency. Same AGENT.

It was... trippy. What are the odds?

Anyway, again I apologize if this should be somewhere else.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
How appropriate for Hallowe'en! Nicely spooky. :D

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's what I like to call a "Cloud Atlas" moment...everything is connected. *spooky music*