PDA

View Full Version : Blessed Samhain

regdog
10-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Merry merry and blessed Samhain.

Saw this pic this morning and thought it was perfect and had to use it for my avvie

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/pics/HappySamhain.jpg

Foinah
10-31-2012, 05:28 PM
That's a great pic!

And blessings of the new year to you, too!

Foinah
10-31-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm casting a samhain circle today at 2:45 PST if anyone wants to join me -- blessings for the new year and all that good stuff.
A virtual reality circle for the new age! Haha.

Have to do it early as the kids will be busy with Halloween events ;-)

PrincessofPersia
11-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Wow, that picture is badass. Absolutely love it. May have to make it my desktop...

SWest
11-01-2012, 02:24 AM
May She who made us all bless everyone, everywhere, providing for every need!

Melanie Dawn
11-01-2012, 02:27 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Foinah
11-01-2012, 02:33 AM
So mote it be!

BunnyMaz
11-01-2012, 05:44 AM
Hope everyone's having a good one! We've had mead, beef-and-mead cobbler and a nice evening of offering libations and planning for the new year.

StarryEyes
11-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Blessed Samhain! :D

I went to the cemetery last night and lit a candle for the Dead. It's the first time I do this (since it's my first Samhain as a real practising Pagan) and it felt very empowering! I could really feel how close I was to the "other world". It was almost like a dream. :)

Great pic by the way!

Lady_R
11-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Did some healing work last night and was so relieved to go into this New Year a little bit lighter.
I was so glad to start fresh this morning on a new path.
Blessed Samhain.

regdog
10-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Blessing on this Samhain

SWest
10-31-2013, 10:16 PM
May there be respite and renewal for all souls and substance!

KellyAssauer
10-31-2013, 11:59 PM
All souls, new and old!

=)

Foinah
11-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Blessings to you all in the coming new year!
The wheel turns!
Happy Samhain.

Yasaibatake
11-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Blessed Samhain to all!

StephanieFox
11-02-2013, 10:43 AM
I set out a plate of the sacred meal for the ancestors. It's all I do on Samhain. For some reason, our block draws a lot of trick-or-treaters. We get, maybe, 300. Parents of kids from 'bad' neighborhoods' who want their kids to have a proper trick or treat, drive their kids her, plus all the other kids in the neighborhood, so I feel an obligation to help all of them have a traditional Halloween. Then there's the two neighbors who have bonfire parties. Anything Pagan has to happen another day. But, in my heart, it's Samhain. Hope yours is good. Our community Samhain is scheduled for the 9th at a community center in St. Paul.

regdog
10-31-2014, 04:02 PM
Samhain Blessings to all

Stew21
10-31-2014, 04:50 PM
My favorite day. Many blessings, all.

DeleyanLee
10-31-2014, 07:52 PM
Happy Samhain to all!

Foinah
11-01-2014, 12:58 AM
Have a wonderful Samhain!
The veil is extra thin this year so make the most of the visits!
may your feast tables and harvests be bountiful! Happy New Year!

regdog
11-01-2014, 01:39 PM
I enjoyed my Samhain very much and came to a realization.

For the past several years I had stopped giving out candy because we were getting so many rude older teens and adults demanding treats. it's hard to say no when the adults' kids are standing right next to them. Last night I looked out saw a little bee going by with her/his parents and wished I had treats to give. So from now on I'm going back to giving out treats. No way should I have let a few buffoons ruin my enjoyment and fun. I love seeing the kids in costumes.

Wilde_at_heart
11-01-2014, 06:17 PM
In Windsor, Ontario, schools are switching it to 'orange and black day'. I was so incensed I had to tweet about it; I rarely post political stuff on there, but this was ridiculous.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/happy-orange-and-black-day-canadian-schools-turn-122333329.html

t is that spooky time of year when Canadian parents and students in small pockets around the country bristle at being told their schools will not be celebrating Halloween this year.
Instead, children will be welcome to celebrate something a little safer, something that doesn’t have its roots in the occult. Call it Spirit Day, or Black and Orange Day, or just Friday.
This year’s Ground Zero for anti-Halloween outrage is Windsor, Ont., where parents are unhappy that Anderon Public School has barred Halloween costumes and parties.
The Windsor Star reports that the public elementary school has instead implemented “Black and Orange Day.” Which, y’know, are the colours of the Halloween season.
There will be no parade, and costumes are outright discouraged, with the school saying it would be neat if kids wore black and orange clothing. Though it’s not all trick, there will be some treat: Classes are welcome to hold discussions about the history of Halloween and the different customs that have been practiced over the years.

Stew21
11-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I was gone from home all day and evening and didn't get to light my candles and set up my altar to honor those who have passed. I did enjoy my evening, but think i will do a fire outside today and find my balance.

regdog
10-31-2015, 02:18 PM
Many blessings this Samhain to my fellow witches, wiccans, and pagans.

NMEvans
10-31-2015, 09:44 PM
Happy Samhain!!!

regdog
10-31-2016, 04:29 PM
As we celebrate a new year, may it be filled with joy, abundance, good health, love and laughter. Blessed Samhain to all.