PDA

View Full Version : It's Devil's Night - any Crow fans?

thekingsguard
10-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I've looked at the movie (http://korsgaardscommentary.blogspot.com/2011/04/crow.html), the comic (http://korsgaardscommentary.blogspot.com/2011/07/crow-special-edition.html), and even did a recent video tribute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qLI0Q4eRiI)to the film - so yeah, I'm a bit of a Crow fan. It's one of my all time favorite movies, and my all time favorite comic.

Anyone else?

K. Taylor
10-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Seen all the Crow movies I think.

blacbird
10-30-2012, 10:40 AM
CAW!

Calla Lily
10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Brandon Lee FTW.

Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, hands the innkeeper three nails and says, "Can you put me up for the night?"

seun
10-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Class film. And that joke makes me laugh every time.

Tasmin21
10-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Well by all means, let's have a moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin...

;)

Still one of my favorite movies of all time.

Celia Cyanide
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Class film. And that joke makes me laugh every time.

YES! I love that joke! I thought Brandon Lee was wonderful in that. You could tell he was really having fun with the role. I went to see that movie on my prom night. I hated every single one of the sequels, at least the ones I saw.

Celia Cyanide
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Well by all means, let's have a moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin...

FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP!

J.S.F.
10-30-2012, 05:20 PM
"I feel like a little-bitty worm on a big hook."

Lots of memorable dialogue in the first flick. RIP, Brandon Lee. He was totally excellent in this, his last--and best--film.

The sequels sucked, BTW...

seun
10-30-2012, 05:31 PM
A particular bit in the film kills me: when Eric is in Albrecht's flat and just before Eric leaves, Albrecht tells him he's sorry for what happened.

Really simple moment but so well done.

Rhoda Nightingale
10-30-2012, 05:48 PM
"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping on my chamber door. You heard me rapping, right?"

I watched it again earlier this week. Never gets old, man. Never.

ETA: Also just watched this fake trailer/tribute/thing (http://youtu.be/8XiTZA8i21U) that I wish so hard was a real movie, because it would be FRICKIN AWESOME.

Gilroy Cullen
10-30-2012, 07:14 PM
"I'm not Skank. That's Skank. Skank's dead."

"Maybe we should record this and play it back in slow motion."

Such an awesome movie...
Now I have to go to Best Buy cause my only copy is on VHS and got damaged by the hurry-cane.

CrastersBabies
10-30-2012, 07:28 PM
I loved the original movie. The sequels sucked giant, hairy, (fill in the blank).

I keep hearing rumblings about a remake of the original and a part of me dies inside.

Rhoda Nightingale
10-30-2012, 07:29 PM
^Oh HALE no.

CrastersBabies
10-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Yep, Mark Wahlberg was set to play the leading role, but the film (I think) fell through.

I graduated in the late 80s and Batman (Burton version) was a big deal. It was the resurgence of comic movies after the Superman flicks started getting silly and unwatchable. Batman was . . . okay. Didn't age well for sure. But then the Crow came out. And it was the most awesome thing you'd ever seen and you needed more, wanted more. It opened the "badass door" (imho) for films like The Matrix and such. I'm insulted that they would even think of remaking it.

Stiger05
10-30-2012, 07:36 PM
They can't remake it. Can't. You can't touch Brandon Lee in this movie.

I never watched the sequels because I heard they were all crap. Plus, without Brandon Lee, what's the point?

We found it in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart and snatched it up. Classic.

Rhoda Nightingale
10-30-2012, 07:59 PM
^Exactly. I've watched exactly one of the sequels (City of Angels) and it sucked. There are many things I love about the movie besides just him, but the Crow just isn't the Crow if it's not Brandon Lee. It's classic.

(Speaking of which, much as I love Silent Hill, I'm still annoyed that they stole that "Mother is the name for God" line...)

druid12000
10-30-2012, 08:08 PM
"Move and you're dead"

"I say, I'm dead and I move"

Love it!

Tasmin21
10-30-2012, 08:55 PM
"At least he didn't do that 'walking against the wind' $hit. I hate that."

Sam Argent
10-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Yep, Mark Wahlberg was set to play the leading role, but the film (I think) fell through.

I hope it continues to fail. The Crow had its own magic and any attempt to remake it is going to be a heartless copy. And no matter how much training they put the actor through, he's not going to move like Brandon Lee did.

Jess Haines
10-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Love. LOVE this movie.

I will head the torches and pitchforks committee if noise about a remake surfaces again.

CrastersBabies
10-31-2012, 02:37 AM
Take your shot, Funboy. You got me dead bang.

J.S.F.
10-31-2012, 02:51 AM
Loved the scene where he talks to Ernie Hudson at his apartment, the line where he talks about 'trivial' things is perfect and so very, very sad.

They should never, ever remake this movie.

On a side note, they've done a remake of Evil Dead. Without Bruce Campbell, it's a gobbler. When will Hollywood ever learn?

Rhoda Nightingale
10-31-2012, 03:04 AM
^That line was ad-libbed too, which to me makes it even more powerful.

re: Evil Dead remake--did that actually happen, or was it just a rumor?

J.S.F.
10-31-2012, 08:14 AM
^That line was ad-libbed too, which to me makes it even more powerful.

re: Evil Dead remake--did that actually happen, or was it just a rumor?

---

Check out the trailer on YouTube, o disciple of the Bat.:)

It has the quick-moving, grass-eye view of the monster a la Raimi but the rest of it looks like a typical slasher flick. I could be wrong--and maybe it will please the horror crowd--but I don't think so.

Kitty27
10-31-2012, 08:54 AM
I LOVE this movie.

Brandon Lee made the role. I had no interest in the sequels and I LOVED Top Dollar!

(http://www.quotefully.com/movie/The+Crow/Top+Dollar)

Ya know, my daddy used to say every man's got a devil. And you can't rest 'til you find him. What happened back there with you and your girlfriend - I cleared that building. Hell, nothin' in this town happens without my say-so. So I'm sorry if I spoiled your wedding plans there, friend. But, if it's any consolation to you, you have put a smile on my face.

Tasmin21
10-31-2012, 05:09 PM
"There's a big f*cking bird over there..."
"It's a squab!"

Stiger05
10-31-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm sure y'all have seen this, but I thought I'd post anyway. Such a great interview. Brandon Lee really got into this character and it shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fufYgrgIXg

"He was already dead. He died a year ago the moment he touched her. They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

Tepelus
10-31-2012, 06:32 PM
I used to watch the crap out of this movie when it first came out and listened to the soundtrack over and over. I loved Brandon Lee. I watched the first sequel and thought it was crap. No one could play the part like Lee. I didn't know there were others after the second sequel, but it's been a long time so my memory might just be foggy. I haven't watched The Crow in a long time. I may have to watch it again.

My senior year in high school is when the movie came out, and for my art class I made a movie poster of The Crow, and I got a lot of compliments for it. My dumb ass gave it and some of my other art to a friend to decorate her apartment, then she packed up and moved away, along with my poster and my other art. Haven't heard from her again. Made me mad at the time.

Rhoda Nightingale
10-31-2012, 10:06 PM
@Stiger: I love that interview. The part where he talks about life seeming like "an inexhaustible well" is memorialized in my file of Favorite Quotes Ever. That whole speech is so powerful.

Her Dark Star
11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Loved the movie, great style, great soundtrack, great lines and Brandon Lee was absolutely born for the role.
Did watch the first of the sequels, it has it's moments but certainly doesn't compare to the first. Still worth a watch for it's shooting style just don't try and compare it to the original :-)