PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as self-published erotica

veinglory
01-21-2006, 08:43 PM
I would be interested in hearing of any examples--

Cathy C
01-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Boy, you know -- I can't think of any. There are so many ebook publishers in the genre that were so incredibly open to submissions at the beginning of the push that I don't know if self-pubbing ever caught on. It might not have been needed. Still, I'll keep an eye out.

veinglory
01-21-2006, 10:29 PM
That was rather what I was thinking, erotica is one of the most wide open markets for writers who want to take a traditional approach. i also think that many self-publishing venues do not accept adult material.

kristin724
01-23-2006, 10:21 AM
I suppose if someone wanted to post on their website that is considered self publishing. Yay open markets!

Alessia Brio
01-24-2006, 01:50 AM
A group of pals from Lit have self published a few anthologies -- proceeds to charity:

www.EroticAnthology.com

They've done pretty well.

Writer2011
01-24-2006, 03:07 AM
I do know that Lulu.com accepts Erotica...I've read some of it--albeit bad but nonetheless it's there.

Maryn
01-29-2006, 06:39 PM
This is something worth exploring further, to me anyway. Some of my completed work has a definite niche market--the people who are into a particular kind of sexuality have mostly found one another online, and would very probably do all my marketing for me if I self-pubbed.

Thanks for the info.

Maryn, on a roll here

kristin724
01-31-2006, 09:02 AM
Now that I'm further into my story, I thought about putting snips of it here or in my blog, but even that I don't like to do. Some grouchy editor might not take a completed work if sections of it are posted elsewhere.

Erotic for charity, that's a nice self pub venue. Who knew?