PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to see Nine Inch Nails!!!!

Carole
01-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Bought the tickets last night. I am Sooooooooooooo excited!

I haven't been to a concert since I have known hubby. My last one was Elton John. Yeah, I am lame-o.

Of course hubby insisted that we get general admission-floor tickets rather than seats. Wonder how that is going to work with my claustrophobia!?

StoryG27
01-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Oh man, I'm jealous!!!!

I didn't know you were clausterphobic. It will probably get crowded on the floor, but hopefully with your hubby next to you, you won't get too panicky.

Have fun, I bet NIN puts on a great concert!

Carole
01-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Oh, I am SERIOUSLY claustrophobic. I remember a long time ago (this will really age me, for sure) at a Loverboy concert with ex-jerk. We were close to the stage and I totally freaked out. I was pushed and pulled and elbowed and absolutely suffocating until I turned around and told him, "Get me OUT of here!" We ended up missing more than half the show, but at least I started breathing again!!

Carole
01-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Know what's weird? Hubby sent me to an online site to get tickets, and they were $90 each. Ouch! So I looked around and finally called the coliseum directly and got them for $35 each instead. Go ME, bargain shopper!!!!

peer54
01-21-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm jealous. I've never managed to see NIN live. I bet it'll kick bottom.

Carole
01-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Trent.....OMG...How have I survived this long without gazing upon his wonderfulness in person?

September skies
01-21-2006, 09:17 PM
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/Emotesnoopy.gif

William Haskins
01-21-2006, 09:24 PM
enjoy the show. i saw them a few years back with a perfect circle opening the show. good stuff.

P.H.Delarran
01-21-2006, 09:26 PM
sounds like a good time!
i've been itching to see a concert.

underthecity
01-21-2006, 09:30 PM
I taped portions of Woodstock '94 when they ran the footage on MTV. (And oh! did I want to go to Woodstock '94! It was financially and feasibly impossible, though.) I kept the performances of NIN. I still have the tape and watch it sometimes. How I would love to see NIN live. Has to be awesome.

Let us know how great the show was, will you?

Now on a different note, I checked out "Gimme Shelter" from the library a couple days ago and we watched it last night. I've seen it before, but I'm still struck by all the violence that occurred in the crowd during the show. And this was just a few months after Woodstock! The Stones had to keep stopping their performance to ask the crowd to please stop fighting. I don't believe I've ever heard of this happening since, but then how often are the Hells Angels asked to do security?

allen

William Haskins
01-21-2006, 09:32 PM
altamont was a nightmare and marked the end of the hippie dream.

Carole
01-21-2006, 10:11 PM
enjoy the show. i saw them a few years back with a perfect circle opening the show. good stuff.

Oh, you devil. Now I am jealous! I don't even know who is touring with NIN right now, so I have no idea who is opening.

Anyone have any suggestions for overcoming the fear of crowds? Hubby has suggested...um....well...I can't say what he suggested, but you probably have a clue anyway.

William Haskins
01-21-2006, 10:24 PM
acid works for me.

P.H.Delarran
01-21-2006, 10:41 PM
I bet A Perfect Circle just rocked.
My last concert was Tesla and Scorpions..took three of my kids along too..was unexpectedly one of the best concerts I've been to. Tesla has really matured. I had seen them when they were still a bar-band starting out way back and wasn't all that impressed then.
Anyway..I'm awful about crowds too. I get seriously nervous and paranoid. And Haskins, acid just makes it worse lol. (THAT"S another story). I won't do floor tickets anymore, not indoor. Last time we did, I insisted on staying at the edge, which Hubby got pretty inpatient with so he finally just grabbed my wrist hard and said he wasn't letting go and pulled me in. Concentrating on the band and not the crowd helps, dance dance dance, flash your boobs,share a joint with your neighbors, use lots of elbows while dancing to keep the crowd at bay and make a lot of noise, stand near security..less crowded there, pretend you're not paranoid lol and you'll make it thru..just don't panic! .

Carole
01-21-2006, 10:57 PM
I insisted on staying at the edge, which Hubby got pretty inpatient with so he finally just grabbed my wrist hard and said he wasn't letting go and pulled me in.
That's what he says he'll do if I don't "behave"

flash your boobs,
That's what he says he'll do FOR me if I DO behave!

share a joint with your neighbors,

*grin*

use lots of elbows while dancing to keep the crowd at bay and make a lot of noise, stand near security..less crowded there,
Now how is that supposed to work with the comment above? Am I going to be sharing a joint with the security guard? Well...they probably do have the best stuff anyway!!

pretend you're not paranoid lol and you'll make it thru..just don't panic! .

I shall not panic...I shall not panic....I shall not panic. (If I say enough times, think I'll convince myself?)

StoryG27
01-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for overcoming the fear of crowds? Hubby has suggested...um....well...I can't say what he suggested, but you probably have a clue anyway.

It should help you stay relaxed.

Just do me a favor...k...throw a pair of panties up on stage for me. But make it memorable, don't throw sexy ity-bity thongs. Get huge granny pannies...something they'll remember. *Getting teary eyed* And...*lip quivering* tell them...those panties are a gift from me (and my grandma)! *Starts sobbing and runs away before the crippling pain of not going to the concert immobilizes her*

Carole
01-21-2006, 11:02 PM
oh, pshaw Story. You're so little I could hide you under my skirt to sneak you in!!! Just stand on my feet and we'll be fine.

P.H.Delarran
01-21-2006, 11:06 PM
LOL..ok so maybe sharing a j with security is a bad idea..unless maybe if you flash him first? but you're right, they do get the good stuff..they confiscate it from the crowd;)

Celia Cyanide
01-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Enjoy the show. I saw them back when Marilyn Manson opened for them. It was MM's first tour, and they had just signed to Trent's label. I was right at the front. It was amazing. That won't work for you, if you are claustrophobic that badly. But just stand behind the crowd, and you'll still have a great view.

JacobsonHosting
01-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Have a great time. That will be a great show. Last concert I saw was Creed. I think it's way past time I go see a concert also. Aerosmith is coming this month, I might go to that show. :)

Carole
01-22-2006, 05:13 AM
And the crowd is growing. hubby just told me that two other couples we know are going, too. I can't wait until March 13th!!!!!

BradyH1861
01-22-2006, 05:17 AM
Nine inch Nails isn't really my "scene", but my wife has seen them and Perfect Circle in concert.

I'm more of a Johnny Cash/Willie Nelson kind of guy.

rhymegirl
01-22-2006, 05:21 AM
Nine inch Nails isn't really my "scene", but my wife has seen them and Perfect Circle in concert.

I'm more of a Johnny Cash/Willie Nelson kind of guy.

Because you're mine, I walk the line.
To all the girls I loved before--

Well, Brady, at least I know who Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson are.

Carole
01-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Oh, yeahhhhh........Trent Reznor *is* a god....

Carole
01-22-2006, 06:37 AM
RG, unfortuantely I can't really post NIN lyrics here. There would be so many ******** that it wouldn't make any sense after the censoring!

Carole
01-22-2006, 06:39 AM
. But just stand behind the crowd, and you'll still have a great view.
Maybe if I get on hubby's shoulders. I'm short!

Optimus
01-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Sweet.

Trent Reznor's cool. I always liked "Closer."

emeraldcite
01-22-2006, 07:14 AM
I saw NIN when they toured w/ perfect circle. It was excellent.

I took my wife to see them in Tampa a few months ago and I can attest that it was one of the best concerts I have seen.

To give you a sense of comparison for that last remark:

Concerts I've been to:

Bush with GooGoo Dolls and No Doubt (1996)
Smashing Pumpkins (1997)
No Doubt (1997)
Matchbox Twenty (c. 1997)
Mighty Mighty Boss Tones (1998)
Jimmies Chicken Shack with Caroline Spine (1999)
Bush with Moby (2000)
Matchbox Twenty (2000)
Nine Inch Nails with A Perfect Circle (2000)
Billy Joel and Elton John (2002)
Tool with Meshuggah (2002)
Nine Inch Nails with Queens of the Stone Age and Death from Above (2005)

So, yeah. It was a great concert. If you haven't listened to the new album, do.

SPOILER************

I'm not sure if they'll play them at your show, but I think the two songs that surprised me most because I've never heard them live were "Burn" the Natural Born Killers Soundtrack and "Reptile" from Downward Spiral. I won't tell you any of the other songs, but they played a nice range from all the albums.

I'd see this tour again if it looped back this way.

rhymegirl
01-22-2006, 07:50 AM
RG, unfortuantely I can't really post NIN lyrics here. There would be so many ******** that it wouldn't make any sense after the censoring!

Oh that's good for me to know, Carole. I was talking to my teenaged daughter and she says she likes Nine Inch Nails. So now I know what kind of stuff she's been listening to.

Carole
01-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Aw, CRAP *sorry RG's daughter!!*

Maryn
01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Our son was a major NIN fan for a time. (Still likes Trent, but not as much as others these days.) Anyway, since NIN was blasting constantly, I developed a liking.

Plus it was major fun to buy The Kid a NIN T-shirt at Hot Topic, dressed in full-out suburban-mother clothing, worn for a meeting at the high school

"You don't look like a Nine Inch Nails fan," the clerk said in a thinly-veiled put-down.

"I tried to save myself, but myself keeps slipping away," I said.

Maryn, who should raid The Kid's drawer, because that shirt didn't go to college

StoryG27
01-22-2006, 09:15 PM
"You don't look like a Nine Inch Nails fan," the clerk said in a thinly-veiled put-down.

"I tried to save myself, but myself keeps slipping away," I said.

LOL! Very clever. I love it!

Carole
01-22-2006, 09:39 PM
My boys like it when I take them to Hot Topic. They tell me taht I am the only mom they know who checks out the body jewelry and can't get enough "Emily" things. (She's my hero) Apparenlty I am also the only mom they know who buys T-shirts that THEY want to borrow from ME.

Carole
01-26-2006, 04:19 AM
Lookie what *I* got in the mail today!!!

Celia Cyanide
01-26-2006, 07:31 AM

Nine Inch Nails fans look just like anyone else. Why are Hot Topic employees so rude? They try to act so hip, when they're the ones working at the Mall Of America.

My favorite NIN song was always "Get Down Make Love," the Queen cover, but they don't do that one anymore, I don't think. It was the b-side of "Sin," and I think they only did it on the Pretty Hate Machine Tour.

Carole
03-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Doin a little bump. The concert is tomorrow night! Woot! Hubby got a new "look" for it this afternoon. I braided up his goatee and put in some bone beads. I flipped. I had no idea his beard was this long! Heh heh heh...time to go scare the locals. (He says this is his *Angel* look)

writerterri
03-13-2006, 03:44 AM
Have a ton of fun you guys!

oooo scary........

;)

Maryn
03-13-2006, 04:53 AM
They played here last week and the reviews were terrific--you're going to have a great time!

We debated going, but decided it wasn't going to be "our kind of show." My kind, to some extent, but not Mr. Maryn's. He was willing to go, be we decided not to. After the fact, I suspect that wasn't the smart choice.

Maryn, who tried to stop herself but her self kept slipping away

mattwaterman
03-13-2006, 04:59 AM
Wow, that's great! Love the line at Hot Topic, Maryn!

:)

The funny part about that show at Woodstock '94 was that those of us who jumped in the mud(/excrement) in the afternoon when it was warm had nothing to do when the sun went down. The bands leading up to NIN was Crosby, Stills, & Nash and some, similarly, folksly band before them. There was a whole slew of us trying to dance to keep warm to that music...but it wasn't really working. And then NIN opened with "Dead Souls" (if fuzzy memory serves right) and the crowd just f'ing exploded. SO much pent up energy!

I'd be ready for the seats if I were you but enjoy the show regardless!!

dahmnait
03-13-2006, 05:37 AM
Get out in the mosh pit, that will take care of any leftover aggressions.

You should have a blast! I missed them when they came out here, but from everything I heard, they put on a Show. Not like Elton John (hey, it was a great concert ), probably less of that funny green smoke. As for your claustrophobia: before you leave, let your hubby know that you want to do what the song says (you know which one) and you will be so relaxed that it won't matter anymore. ;)

Have a great time!

Tammy - Jealous of Carole

madderblue
03-13-2006, 10:40 AM
I saw NIN in Japan a few years ago. They never came before because they wanted the kids to have a pit and Japan tends to line up chairs on the floor. They also sell beer here and the band didn't think that was a good idea, ;) . Can you imagine the massacre that would erupt with folding chairs and a couple paper cups full of beer?

Well, they got their pit and they got them Not to sell alcohol and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen! Total entertainment, fantastic sound and Trent was extremely thankful to the audience. He kept breaking in to tell eveyone how much he appreciated being there. Brought tears to my eyes.

I watched from the balcony though. That pit looked furious. I suggest standing back on hubbies shoulders. The stage show is AMAZING!!

And is it true that Trent cut off all his hair?

Carole
03-13-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm scared to death of the pit. I'm wearing my steeltoe Docs, but that won't save the rest of me! Hubby keeps telling me it will be a blast, but I keep telling him that getting beat up isn't my idea of a good time.

dahmnait
03-13-2006, 06:48 PM
:e2beat: <- Carole after the show, or everyone else around her?

Or me after posting this?

Sarita
03-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Carole - I'm slighly claustrophobic, more with people than with spaces, but I *LOVE* the pit. You'll have a blast, NIN puts on a great show!

And for the record, I'm jealous. The last few "concerts" I've been to have all been symphony. As much as I enjoy it...

Carole
03-14-2006, 08:19 PM
WOW. It was insane! My ears are still ringing.

Yes, Trent cut all his hair off. Still looks awesome.

I'm sore, tired and deaf and I just woke up wearing the T-shirt hubby bought me.

I keep trying to think what was the best part of the show and I can't narrow it down. Right in the middle of a song - can't even remember which song - he was lying down on the stage singing and he rolled over almost into the audience and said, " Somebody's smokin POT!" OMG the place just busted up. When he sang "Hurt", I swear every person in the coliseum was singing. It was amazing.

I was disappointed because the coliseum wasn't full. But NIN gave one hell of a show. Now I need Excedrin.

~*waves*going back to bed*~

Carole
03-15-2006, 03:54 AM
Ok, much more awake now. Can we talk about weird people who smoosh their way to the front but then get offended when people around them are screaming? I was weirded out at first about the crowd, but that faded fast! I grabbed hubby by the hand and just started nudging and pushing. Every time the pit herd came rumbling my way he'd put his arms around me and turn me away from it so I wouldn't get pummled. We got really REALLY close to the stage. This one chick (little teenage goth wannabe) kept glaring at me every time I'd scream. *shrugs* I imagine she either got over it or stayed mad a long time. It wasn't like I was the only one!

I was pretty bummed afterward when we drove past and saw fans by the buses getting autographs, but that's ok. We still had a blast.