PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 3 trailer

Opty
10-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Released today. Looks really good and it'll be interesting to finally see The Mandarin and The Patriot on the big screen. With Shane Black at the helm, I'm confident it will kick ass. Can't wait until April!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjG-1U3wqA

elindsen
10-24-2012, 04:55 AM
I saw it too. A-Maze-Ing

J.S.F.
10-24-2012, 08:04 AM
It looks very promising but one question: If Ben Kingsley is set to play the Mandarin, why couldn't they come up with one Asian actor? I think Kingsley is amazing but still, I'm also gonna think "Ghandi". I know it's all about marketability but there have to be some Asian actors who could carry this role.

I'll see the movie, anyway, and yes, buy the DVD.

CrastersBabies
10-24-2012, 08:28 AM
WINNING!

KawaiiTimes
10-24-2012, 08:37 AM
DH saw it today and thus... we are watching Avengers. Again.

Zoombie
10-24-2012, 09:42 AM
It looks very promising but one question: If Ben Kingsley is set to play the Mandarin, why couldn't they come up with one Asian actor? I think Kingsley is amazing but still, I'm also gonna think "Ghandi". I know it's all about marketability but there have to be some Asian actors who could carry this role.

I'll see the movie, anyway, and yes, buy the DVD.

I know, it's like, there are...what, 2 BILLION people of Asian decent, and most of them could actually be called "The Mandarin."

I mean, they don't need MORE marketing. They have RDJ. They have the original director. They have Iron Man, they just came off the Avengers...

Like, seriously, marketing people. WHEN IS IT ENOUGH!?

Still, at least Ben Kingsly is a really awesome actor.

Anna L.
10-24-2012, 12:15 PM
It looks very promising but one question: If Ben Kingsley is set to play the Mandarin, why couldn't they come up with one Asian actor?

Jackie Chan must have been busy. As we all know, he's the only Chinese person to ever speak English!

Facepalm goes here.

WritingIsHard
10-24-2012, 01:11 PM
OMFG Tony Stark angst. And the Living Armor is there? And they're actually admitting what a toll superheroing takes on a person? My fangirling knows no bounds...

Manuel Royal
10-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Trailer's impressive.

Ben Kingsley had an Asian father and an English mother; just like the Mandarin. (Different part of Asia, of course. It's a big place.)

JimmyB27
10-24-2012, 03:44 PM
I've been reading some of the Marvel Civil War comic books. Starting to go off of Ironman a bit...

Still, will watch this and it does look good. :)

EMaree
10-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Love the trailer, though it's very Dark Knight Rises in style. Looking forward to some Tony Stark angsting, and some great moments with Tony and Pepper.

It looks like they'll be tackling a lot of interesting themes in this one.

Also, squeee.

Ben Kingsley had an Asian father and an English mother; just like the Mandarin.

I didn't know that, cheers Manuel.

Cyia
10-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Trailer's impressive.

Ben Kingsley had an Asian father and an English mother; just like the Mandarin. (Different part of Asia, of course. It's a big place.)

Ben Kingsley was born in England. His father, Rahimtulla Harji Bhanji, was Gujrati (like Gandhi, which I never realized until now). He was born with the name Krishna Bhanji, but changed it to Ben Kingsley for stage purposes.

And the trailer looks awesome!

Perks
10-24-2012, 05:15 PM
I really like Guy Pearce and he's never quite gotten the traction to put him A-list. Hope this is as good as it looks.

Jess Haines
10-24-2012, 11:44 PM
So excited for this. SO EXCITED. :D

*insert fangirl squeeing here*

Diana Hignutt
10-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I really like Guy Pearce and he's never quite gotten the traction to put him A-list. Hope this is as good as it looks.

After LA Confidential I thought his star would rise. Then Memento. Wow. Then... what? The Time Machine? And it went down hill from there... Check out Lockout to see Guy do his Snake Blisken impression and carry a film.

Diana Hignutt
10-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Looks like it could be the best of the three!

Torgo
10-25-2012, 02:42 PM
This is the Warren Ellis EXTREMIS arc, then, with extra Mandarin? Awesome.

I thought the first movie was a lot of fun, but the second was quite atrocious - so hoping this does turn out to be the best of the lot.

Shadow_Ferret
10-26-2012, 07:12 AM
Um. OK. Maybe I'm getting old, but it was too disjointed for me to understand any of what was going on. It was just scenes flashing unintelligibly.

Diana Hignutt
10-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Um. OK. Maybe I'm getting old, but it was too disjointed for me to understand any of what was going on. It was just scenes flashing unintelligibly.

But, if you know the comics, you would have seen: The Mandarin (IM's archnemisis),the Living Armor, and what sure looks to be the Iron Patriot...

Cyia
10-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Early buzz says they've tweaked Iron Patirot's backstory. He's a paraplegic veteran with a grudge. I've also seen mention that the "star-spangled" armor actually starts off as War Machine's suit in IM3, while the red/silver looking armor (check the scene where someone grabs Pepper in bed) is the Patriot.