seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Remember this?

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252809

Well, break out the jelly and ice cream. It turns out my neighbours have a two month old eviction order against them which runs out tomorrow. If they don't go, then it becomes a legal issue and the courts have to get rid of them. It might take a while, but at least the letting agency is (almost) as pissed off with them as I am.

And the best part? The agency's main beef is that they don't know how many people live there. They should have asked me a few months back.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
good news, seun.

i hope it works out for you, dude.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I do indeed remember. Couldn't happen soon enough! Let's home whoever moves in is quiet and considerate.

Maryn, glad to see them leave

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Awesome, it's good to see lousy neighbours get their come-uppance.

I hope everyone living there has a safe roof to move under, though.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I hope everyone living there has a safe roof to move under, though.

Nah, sod them. They had a safe roof with the rent paid. If they want to act like complete dickheads and then wonder why they're being kicked out, then I'm struggling to come up with much sympathy. But then I'm not a very nice person. :evil

All we're hoping for now is that the next people aren't inconsiderate prats. Not a lot to ask for, is it?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
excellent. :idea: can you kick quickwit in the bingos for me?

Never heard them called that before.

I'd be wondering what sort of condition the interior's going to be like if/when they leave...

Bet it's trashed.

Congrats!

We sometimes get the whiff of really strong fag smoke (the sort of stink that puts me in mind of East End pubs from the 70s) so I'm guessing the place smells. The landlord's going to be impressed. :tongue

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I'm relieved for you seun! Peace is near. I hope the next folks know how to be decent neighbors.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Whoo-hoo!

When they're finally schlepping their stuff away, you and the other neighbours should don your party hats, play boisterous music, and hang out the windows while laughing, waving open champagne bottles, and making rude gestures at them.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Got to admit I am curious if they'll go last minute or hang around until it gets legal. I can't see the agency wanting to drag things out since their client - the landlord - won't be getting paid.

moreferarum

Registered
Reaction score
I've just had a quick read about your neighbours. I really do know what that's like! We used to rent a house next to the one on the corner and the people on the corner were constantly making noise. Watching films from a TV right next to my bedroom wall hideously loud until 4am most nights/days/mornings, whatever you call that ungodly hour.
That was back in the days when I was still at school, so I'd be up at 6am the next day and my mum would be up at 5:45. I can sleep through a lot of stuff, thunderstorms etc but my mum is such a light sleeper so she used to try little foam earplugs from my dad's work and then she changed her method of 'coping' to plugging headphones into the radio and playing classical FM until she fell asleep. It just kept getting worse and worse and in the end WE ended up moving, even though they should have been kicked out. When we did move I was paranoid that our new neighbours would be just as bad and it took forever for me to finally relax and accept that was over now.
I'm so glad they're getting evicted I really am, just reading everything you've put up with from them just made me so angry!

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
We've used earplugs a few times. They did help a bit but were uncomfortable. Fingers crossed it won't be long before they're just a memory. :D

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent news!

I hope your next neighbours are more considerate.

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now that really is some good news, seun. Glad to hear it.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy::banana::hooray::PartySmil:e2cheer:Excellent news! I am so pleased for you! :e2cheer: :PartySmil:hooray::banana::snoopy:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sheesh, Shakesbear, keep down the celebration. You want seun to get you evicted?

Maryn, grinning

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
That's Christmas come early for you this year, then.

(I was just thinking the other day that I still hate my noisy neighbour from 14 years ago. And I try to be a forgiving type.)

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
They're making a lot of noise as we speak. Which, thinking about it, doesn't actually mean much. They could be packing or they could just be doing the usual.