PDA

View Full Version : Estate planners and hansom cab drivers

Waffles
10-23-2012, 04:00 AM
It sounds like an odd combination but that's sort of the point.

I am writing a romance in which an overly sentimental estate planner falls for a cynical hansom cab driver. I have googled a bit of info about each job but would love to talk to someone with firsthand knowledge.

Orianna2000
10-23-2012, 06:28 PM
It might help if you mentioned what era your story takes place in. Are you talking Victorian hansom cabs? Or modern-day New York horse buggies through Central Park? That might give folks a better idea of the info you're looking for.

If no one here can help and you're talking about modern-day jobs, you could always hire a hansom cab for an hour and ask the driver about his job. Most people are more than happy to talk about themselves and their work, especially if a writer asks them for help. An offer to thank them in your book's acknowledgements wouldn't go amiss, either.

dirtsider
10-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Also, could you clarify what you mean by an "estate planner"? I just did a quick search for "Estate Planner" and it sounds like it means it's an estate lawyer (i.e. legal contracts, power of attorney, etc). Do you mean someone who runs an estate for the owners?

Vaulted
10-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Also, could you clarify what you mean by an "estate planner"? I just did a quick search for "Estate Planner" and it sounds like it means it's an estate lawyer (i.e. legal contracts, power of attorney, etc). Do you mean someone who runs an estate for the owners?

I thought it meant someone who designs housing estates :)