Syrian connections to Lebanese Assassination

Graz

Registered
Reaction score
I thought Saddam Hussein did it. Isn't that who the NY times, other US MSM outlets and politicians claimed?

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
It's a big and important story, Maxx, imho. I'm watching it all unfold over there, too. It's strange that I don't have much to say, but I've already posted long rambles about Syria in P&CE and I feel like I'd be mostly repeating them :)

It's looking like what folks warned about. But of course it would probably go there :( There's no good international system in place to stop it, imho. Russia (and China) are on the other side of the West. The Superpower solution is no longer in place, which is a good thing but it entails obvious new responsibilities for world players.

I don't know what folks can do. I'm glad there isn't more support for the Syrian gov't and their allies in the region. I'm glad we are trying not to inflame things with old Superpower talk (I'm so glad it's Obama and not McCain). But it is really frightening.

So much worse could happen, too. I just see it and am glad the whole situation hasn't completely exploded.